New Nikon Coolpix 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

This must be the one which came with the brain twister game in Nikon's US website.

http://www.nikon-image.com/eng/PDF/index2500.htm

e2500_photo.jpg

• 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens with 5.6-16.8mm coverage (equivalent to 37-111mm in 35mm [135] camera format); digital zoom up to 4x magnification
  • 2.0 effective megapixels for 1,600 x 1,200-pixel images
  • Nikon’s advanced image-processing algorithm for faithful color reproduction
  • AUTO Mode for point-and-shoot operation
  • Exclusive 256-segment Matrix Metering and Matrix Auto White Balance guarantee outstanding exposure and white balance control in every image
  • 12 Scene Modes (Portrait, Party/Indoor, Night Portrait, Beach/Snow, Landscape, Sunset, Night Landscape, Museum, Fireworks Show, Close Up, Copy, Back Light)
  • Movie mode enables reproduction of QVGA-size images in QuickTime® file format at approx. 15 fps for up to 15 sec.
  • Transfer function enables automatic uploading of selected COOLPIX 2500 image data to a computer
  • Advanced, built-in 5-mode Speedlight
  • Quick Review allows users to view captured images at the press of a button -- even while the camera is in shooting mode
  • Easy-to-view, 1.5-in. TFT LCD monitor with brightness adjustment
  • Long battery life of approx. 80 min. with dedicated Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL2*

Specifications
Effective pixels 2.0 million
CCD 1/2.7-in. type (2.11 million total pixels)
Lens 3x Zoom-Nikkor; f = 5.6-16.8mm (equivalent to 37-111mm in 35mm [135] camera format); f/2.7-4.5; 7 elements in 6 groups
Storage media CompactFlash™ (CF) Card Type I
Shooting modes Auto, Scene (Portrait, Party/Indoor, Night Portrait, Beach/Snow, Landscape, Sunset, Night Landscape, Museum, Fireworks Show, Close Up, Copy and Back Light), Manual (includes shooting menu for control of White Balance, Capture Mode, Best-Shot Selector, Exposure Compensation, Noise Reduction, and Image Sharpening), Movie (up to 15 sec. of QVGA frames at 15 fps)
Capture modes Single, Continuous, Multi-shot 16 (16 frames 1/16 in size)
Power requirements One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL2* (supplied), AC Adapter kit EH-60 (optional)
Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 114 x 59.5 x 31.5mm or 4.5 x 2.3 x 1.2 in.
Weight Approx. 165g or 5.8 oz. without battery and CompactFlash™ Card

*Depending on the country or area, the battery and charger may not be included, but will be available as an option.

Regards
CK

The DC appeals to lotsa ppl...especially gals who like cute cdute stuffs.

{OT}

one thing that always get my funny bone. I think nokia HP users do not know how bad the UI really is !! Motorola and Panasonic are like way way better... with less "cute tech"... but definately more usable.

:p

cool ... even got NR, and 2secs, maybe able to get some good nite shoots, wonder what is the selling price..

Originally posted by denizenx
going the nokia way... crappy tech in cute packaging....

Just curious why you say it's crappy tech? It looks alright to me...

Originally posted by Jed

It looks alright to me...

Doh! I didn't mean that literally! I meant, the tech seems alright to me.

heh dun worry I am in good mood today...
I mean it's the same with sony constantly RE-introducing old tech in new packaging.. so it's like a coolpix 950 with new OS and casing...

but hey I realised all comys are doing it... think the 2 mpix is the prcing sweetspot now... and the pix are small enough that they can get away with small buffers and stuff... HEY... hit me on the head!

well nokia lor.. the newest phones still have the same tech since 8210, plus some tweaking updates...

off-track but I love siemens since they got everything the nokia has and more, higher res, ringtones, logos, etc... only gripe is they are so unconfident in their UI? each step must click add. OK or confirm... sigh..

heh dun worry I am in good mood today...
I mean it's the same with sony constantly RE-introducing old tech in new packaging.. so it's like a coolpix 950 with new OS and casing...

but hey I realised all comys are doing it... think the 2 mpix is the prcing sweetspot now... and the pix are small enough that they can get away with small buffers and stuff... HEY... hit me on the head!

well nokia lor.. the newest phones still have the same tech since 8210, plus some tweaking updates...

off-track but I love siemens since they got everything the nokia has and more, higher res, ringtones, logos, etc... only gripe is they are so unconfident in their UI? each step must click add. OK or confirm... sigh..

2 mp is good, good enough for most people. 2mp prints decent 8x10"s, takes up less space and thus your CF card can hold more, and of coz, takes less time to write to the CF. And hey, I am still using the legendary Coolpix 950. :D

For most people who don't print or never print beyond 4R, even a 1.3mp will suffice.

Regards
CK

true true... that's why I dun see any urge to upgrade for mpix.. in fact I downgraded from cp990 to c2100.... the reason for a new cam is more for image quality and features....

btw my friend showed me her d1[speed] pix... hehehe far far cry from those we see online... 8P (sorry dun kill me)

i hope it's not like the 775

btw my friend showed me her d1[speed] pix... hehehe far far cry from those we see online... 8P (sorry dun kill me)

Eh, what you mean? :D

her shots are not as good as expected from D1... the fast version..
dun ask liao... she got angry....

LOL... I thought u on drugs or something :D That would be the D1H you're talking about.

If it's technical issues, tell her to feel free to email or pm me, I might be able to help her understand the camera.

Simple solution. Send the camera to me. In exchange, I'll give her a Nikon L35AD Compact Camera. Guarantee better pics. :D

Regards
CK

Nah, she wants a digital, I can exchange it with a 775. :p

Originally posted by YSLee
Nah, she wants a digital, I can exchange it with a 775. :p

Or maybe she's using one of those 28-300 Tamrons wide open at the extremes. I have a colleague who uses a D30 with that and kept complaining it's not sharp. He eventually sold it off to his friend. :D

Regards
CK

Hmm.. there're 2 28-300s in my home.. maybe I'll run a roll of cheap slide film for fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.