new members here..hai All

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaRkRaVeRz

Jan 31, 2009
I relatively new in photography n intend to get more info n tip fr all u 'season' n 'old-timer' shooter outta....with a budget of 2k,wat advice wld u give...Thx in advance...im a frequent traveller to anywhere in malaysia n wld like to share d great moment in a pic...Thx :bsmilie: :D

Hi welcome to CS ;),with $2k you can get Nikon D300 or maybe canon 50D :bsmilie:

D300..Hmmm..:embrass:..i ws in between getting a d90 BO or d300 BO...Lense wise,mayb cn gt fr forumers here...Bt jst gt a quote fr a fren, gving me d90 kit,2x 2gb,tripod,cleaning kit,a filter(brand nt said) plus the d60 kit lens 4 $2090..Ya!a carrying bag too....Any expert advice???Thx...nt sure if the quote is too gd too b true or wat....

Hi

As you are new in photography, then by sure u new too in DSLR (sorry if im wrong), so as DSLR is a system, i suggest u to try it 1st whether you suitable or not, cos from experience many new user of DSLR finally sell out the brand new cam with great loss as they think that dslr is very complicate.

So for your 2K budget, you can try from entry level cam, or midrange level cam. Then u need to decide which is your approach ?, make start from entry level or straight away to midrange level.

Entry level for canon you can get it
- 450D Kit 1 or Kit 2, Much less than 2K (around 1.3K)
- 1000D Kit, around 1.1 K

Midrange level you can get
- 40D Kit 1 (around 1.5 K) or Kit 2 (around 1.8K)
- 50D kit (above 2 K), body only (around 1.8K)

This is expensive Hobbies, 2K is just your starting point, finally you need more and more K,
consider the basic that you need as :
- Body with additional battery, battery grip, Battery pack etc
- Good Lens (Wide, standard, prime, tele, macro) = most money spend here
- Good Filter (UV, B&W, Closeup, polarizer etc)
- Good Flash (main flash, slave flash etc)
- Omnibounce, gary fong diffuser etc
- Good tripod (monfrotto, gitzo etc)
- Dry Cabinet
- Camera bag
- many others think

So all decision is yours.

just my 2 cent

Thanks
Phil :)

D300..Hmmm..:embrass:..i ws in between getting a d90 BO or d300 BO...Lense wise,mayb cn gt fr forumers here...Bt jst gt a quote fr a fren, gving me d90 kit,2x 2gb,tripod,cleaning kit,a filter(brand nt said) plus the d60 kit lens 4 $2090..Ya!a carrying bag too....Any expert advice???Thx...nt sure if the quote is too gd too b true or wat....

Since u are buying the D90kit, the D60 kit lens which is the 18-55 is redundant for you since 18-105 covers more then that.

Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus & Panasonic do produce decent DSLRs, do a research on the brands and note of the pros & cons of each brand and hold your shortlisted cameras in your hand to see which suits you better. Oh, do play around with the settings also, as some cameras have certain features which others don't and changing the settings of the cam can take a few steps.

So still voice down to what suits you best and what are the things you can accept not having or does not perform as good as other brands. Always listen to your heart and not to the sales man who will push certain cams to you becos of his commission. I have a few friends who regretted getting the cams 'recommended' by the sales person, instead of listening to his heart.

Thx ya...for all d advice above...Yup,im vry new at tis..b4 tis hv try d d40 n f90(thx 2 a fren who loan 2 me 4 a year)....tht where i gt hook to photograhy,bt nt seriously...aft returning,hv lost touch to all of it..nw using back my royal 5yrs old panasonic dmz-fz5....accesories,gt no prob..beloved daddy handed dwn 2 me among d best accesories in d market...he's a videographer..anyway,will heed to all yr advice,so wont make any bad n regrettable decision...thx alot..Pls advice on wch lens is 'worthy' 4 me..who like landscape,monument n family moment....:):)

Landscape? 10-20mm Sigma, 12-24 f4 nikon, 14-24 f2.8 nikon

Monument? u mean macro close up? 90mm tamron, 60 mico nikon

Moments? 17-50 f2.8 tamron, 17-55 f2.8 nikon

But it varies from ppl to ppl, i just generalise it

This is expensive Hobbies, 2K is just your starting point, finally you need more and more K,
consider the basic that you need as :
- Body with additional battery, battery grip, Battery pack etc
- Good Lens (Wide, standard, prime, tele, macro) = most money spend here
- Good Filter (UV, B&W, Closeup, polarizer etc)
- Good Flash (main flash, slave flash etc)
- Omnibounce, gary fong diffuser etc
- Good tripod (monfrotto, gitzo etc)
- Dry Cabinet
- Camera bag
- many others think

So all decision is yours.

just my 2 cent

Thanks
Phil :)

very expensive indeed..
spent alot orady for my camera!
fuuhh..