Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Lee

Feb 12, 2009
Shunfu Road, Singapore
Hi everybody,

I just registered and am very happy to be here. I am 62 and decided to take up my past passion. Boy, today's DSLR is a miracle compared to what I was using in the 60s - 80s. Just bought a Canon 40 D with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and this combination takes photos that I could never imagine. Glad I am back with this hobby and hope to learn from you guys.

Regards,

Anthony Lee

Welcome Anthony Lee :)

Hope to see more of ur stuffs soon !

Ryan

Welcome to CS...

Welcome to CS. Hope the Eos magic will rekindle your photograhic passion.
Woh !! Started in the 1960s.... You are the real 'Chien Bei'.

Hi friends,

Very heart warming to read your welcoming messages. Since my first SLR in 1968, a Zeiss-Ikon, dslr has come such a long way that I failed badly in my first outing this morning. Pressed a few switches successively and locked up my 9 point AF. Had to reset all my settings to get it on again. Also discovered that my Tamron 17-50 is way too short. Now, what zoom lens will be good to complement my system (40D)?

Anthony Lee

Wow! Welcome to CS!
Hope to see more stuff from you! :)

The 17-50 F2.8 is good for events (especially indoors), if you want you could pair it up with a 70-200 F2.8. It's quite heavy though. :)

or 55-200 if you're on a budget. haven't tried it myself but many people say its a good lens for its price.

Hi Anthony! Welcome to CS. I'm a newbie too. No complains abt the kit lens that came with my DSLR which is 18-55mm IS. Bcos i like to take street and candid shots, i also decided to invest in a zoom lens. After researching, due to my budget constraint, I narrowed it down to 2 choices.

1) Canon EF 55-250mm IS which is by right the most logical to supplement my 18-55mm ($360 MS Color )

2) Sigma 70-300mm DG APO Macro ( non OS $370 MS Color )

I ended up with the Sigma mainly for the slightly better IQ and build even though the 55-250mm would be more suitable for my style as it has got IMAGE STABILISATION. I figured that since i use the zoom 95% in daylight, all i need is to bump up my shutter speed and ISO if required, then i could get very clean shots without need for IS...

Just my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.