New member : RebelRiot

rebelriot

Aug 4, 2010
hi to all.

this is rebelriot. just joined this forum recently, and as well gotten myself a Canon 550D dslr. consider myself new into the photography scene, and would love to learn more from all the pros here.

up to now, i only have two lenses to play with. the canon 18-55kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens.

hope to learn more from all of you. cheers

Greetings rebelriot!

Hope you like the place and will stay long :)

Don't worry about whatever equipment you have. If you can maximize it fully, I can guarantee you are 1 up over those with super high end, super expensive equipment, but shoot in Auto or hold the dSLR like as if it was a P&S.

Do join the outings to meet people with the same inclination, and you can learn at the same time!

Cheers!

Welcome to CS.

I encourage you to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photography/10-top-photography-composition-rules
http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

More topics covered here:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Welcome!!

Read your manuals, play around the settings.

Most importantly, shoot more !

haha sure thanks. daredevil thanks for all the links.

stuffs to read over this long weekend. probably will be shooting more and posting to let you all see. haha.

Welcome!

I started with 18-55 and 50mm too.

Hi welcome to CS!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!:thumbsup:

Welcome to CS, starting shooting, joint the newbie outings, view ther CSer photo posting in forum and enjoy your stay. :)

thanks all for the warm welcome :)

currently im using the 50mm to shoot potrait. am i fully utilising it? haha. or is there other situation that can push the limits of the 50mm further? the 1.8 bokeh is pretty awesome, i would say:)

Welcome to CS:) the 50mm is a great lens to play around with. Why limit yourself to just shooting portrait with it? Just experiment:)

yeah will do. ndp coming. not sure if wanna go shooting anot, it will be super crowded, plus my 18-55mm wont zoom far enough, if im standing for a far distance away from the parade or subject

Hmm there are some area where the SAF will parade through, i know bishan is one of the places, maybe you can get yourself close enough to the action in these cases. Can pm me if u wanna go for the shoot, i will be around there.

Welcome to CS..

Ask qs if in doubt :)

Welcome to ClubSNAP.

Go ahead and shoot away. We sometimes can be seow seow. It is all for good old fashion fun. Cheers Mate.
:cool:

thanks spree86 for the warm invite.
well probably stay at home and rot for the day. haha.

maybe in the evening go enjoy the fireworks but probably wont be shooting because i havent master how to shoot fireworks. i knew there are guides / links pasted in the forum somewhere on how to shoot firework but i havent really read. so guess it wont be easy. just let my eyes enjoy will do.

happy national day pals:)

hi all. my kit lens is attached with a hoya uv filter. the problem is i realise that there is fingerprint on the filter,when i checked it under the light. i took a soft cloth to clean it, and ended up cleaning the print but leaving a few specks of dust on it.

my qn is, if let say i did not clean the fingerprint on the filter, and continue shooting. will it affect or be reflected in my pics? :)

Welcome and enjoy :D It's hard to keep it dust-free, dun bother the few specks of dust, it wun affect ya image. Fingerprint will affect ya image under bright light

Last edited:
Welcome and enjoy :D It's hard to keep it dust-free, dun bother the few specks of dust, it wun affect ya image. Fingerprint will affect ya image under bright light

thanks for that info.
so is it advisable to use tissue paper to wipe it,or how should i rectify it,if say when i notice it when im outside. i have got no static free cloth or those kind of soft cloth?