New member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ancientpegasus

Jul 28, 2009
Hi,gd morning to everyone who's reading this.

im kinda very new to dslr,although i hav interest in photography.
i do own a canon,but a digicam ixus 900 that is. :D

im trying to get the best deal for canon 500d or 450d.
however im not sure if its gd to hav the recording mode and photograph, or just photography only.

kindly advise.
thanks.
*really need to practice my skills after getting my dslr before my perth trip in dec*

Welcome to CS! you can practice other aspects of photography with your Ixus now, read on photography even before you purchase the dslr and it will be to your advantage.

As for video, you decide whether it's important to you or not. For some, it's just an add-on which they don't even use, for some they say they can't live without it. ;)

Hi good day !

Welcome to CS & hope u get ur DSLR soon !

welcome to the club

and i'd go for the 450D

cos i don't need the video function, nor the 3 inch screen

it saves you more money, you can spend on lens

but i you insist on video, i suggest you get a dedicated VCR, like a handycam

which will perform better then the video function in the 500D

Hi,gd morning to everyone who's reading this.

im kinda very new to dslr,although i hav interest in photography.
i do own a canon,but a digicam ixus 900 that is. :D

im trying to get the best deal for canon 500d or 450d.
however im not sure if its gd to hav the recording mode and photograph, or just photography only.

kindly advise.
thanks.
*really need to practice my skills after getting my dslr before my perth trip in dec*

You don't necessarily need to limit yourself to canon 500d or 450d, unless you own some Canon lenses.
The video recording is good to have, but it's not to everyone's liking. The 500D's screen is significantly bigger and sharper than the 450D's screen though. To me, that makes a huge difference. But again, it's a personal preference thing.

HI ancientpegasus,

welcome to CS.

The choice is up to you... think carefully and check out the cameras. Hold them and feel them, see which is most comfortable to you.

hi all.

just bought my 500d earlier.

not sure if the price is right,but for 1426 i got the camera itself with 18-55mm lens,vitacon 0.45x with macro lens (58mm), uv filter lens, 8gb card, lens book and a tripod.

Warm greetings to you..
Welcome to clubsnap!

Hi ancientpegasus,

WeLComE to CS !!!

Happy Shooting.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.