but i like the new logotype

maybe consulted fengshui or fortune teller
old logo
looks like kodak diminishing from big to small
looks like kodak being eaten up by a pac man

since kodak not doing too well

better change logo

the new logo has a russian feel. :think:

There's something about a lot of older logos - a sense of familiarity perhaps? Also, if you go back in time and look at all the famous/familiar brands, their corporate identities have been through decades of exposure (no pun intended) at a cost of billions ... I would say why change something that everyone is familiar with ... if it still works?

Every company changes their logo for a reason.

I'll stand by the original logo still, somehow the new logo looks "chiong", fake and with empty promises with the empty space between the lines and the words.

Graphic designers care to comment on the logo design? :bsmilie: (this sounds more like school)

dEthANGeL said:
Every company changes their logo for a reason.

Yes ... even if the reasons are bad, or politically, which is most often the case. :cool:

Looks like another attempt by a company, who's in trouble, to create a new symbol to galvanize it's troops, to forge new directions.

If it does not completely change it's corporate culture, realise film is no longer it's future, a one time not long ago, film related revenue accounted 2/3 of it's revenue but over 90% of its gross margins, no logo change will help.

2004 was the first year digital related sales exceed film, but it lost money as film is contributing less to the bottom line.

btw, the new logo sucks!

I prefer the old logo that everyone is familiar with.
I agree with ortega that the old logo looks more solid and firm.

I find the colours very boring, maybe spicing up the older logo with better colours would be good. :thumbsup:

New logo looks cheap, like those design by basement Name Card Printer!

Can't blame them, they r losing heaps lately!

One Word & two stroke :dunno:

The funny thing about logo is that though new ones are up to date and fashionable, sometimes it's just a waste of resources coz the old ones are still more memorable ..... i cannot remember how the "now" logo of HDB looks like, but i can still remember that classic "brick-block" HDB logo. Also the classic "key" logo in POSB..... :think:

Keepers said:
The funny thing about logo is that though new ones are up to date and fashionable, sometimes it's just a waste of resources coz the old ones are still more memorable ..... i cannot remember how the "now" logo of HDB looks like, but i can still remember that classic "brick-block" HDB logo. Also the classic "key" logo in POSB..... :think:
I agree ! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.