New lenses!! + Pricing!


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#1
From DCresource ....

* F3.5, 35mm macro lens; get as close as 15 cm to your subject; captures at 1:1 (life-size); ships next month for $229
* F3.5-6.3, 18 - 180 mm lens; compact 10X zoom range; ships in January for $499
* F2.0, 35 - 100 mm lens; super fast lens has F2.0 max aperture throughout the zoom range; ships next month for $2499
* F2.8, 90 - 250 mm lens; great for sports and nature shooting; ships in November for a whopping $5999
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#2
how much do u think we can expect the 35mm macro at ? $400?
the 35-100? $4k?

 

Mar 17, 2005
217
0
0
42
#3
hammer_400 said:
From DCresource ....

* F3.5, 35mm macro lens; get as close as 15 cm to your subject; captures at 1:1 (life-size); ships next month for $229
* F3.5-6.3, 18 - 180 mm lens; compact 10X zoom range; ships in January for $499
* F2.0, 35 - 100 mm lens; super fast lens has F2.0 max aperture throughout the zoom range; ships next month for $2499
* F2.8, 90 - 250 mm lens; great for sports and nature shooting; ships in November for a whopping $5999

:eek: i need to control myself....argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweat:
 

icarus

Senior Member
Jan 27, 2002
3,874
0
0
East
#5
I like the sound of 90-250/2.8 :D
NMSS_2, u buy leh
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

Sp9914957

Deregistered
Jul 7, 2005
719
0
0
#7
35mm lens is a cheaper version compare 50mm ED, not that fantastic...normal !!
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#8
Sp9914957 said:
35mm lens is a cheaper version compare 50mm ED, not that fantastic...normal !!
from the MTF it looks excellent! it should'nt lose to the 50mm by much if at all wide open...
and for a 1:1 macro it is CHEAP!
 

nightpiper

Senior Member
Oct 20, 2003
2,152
0
0
#9
Sp9914957 said:
35mm lens is a cheaper version compare 50mm ED, not that fantastic...normal !!

normal? sure or not? i think its going to be another legend for ZD collection. if sharpness is ur cup of tea, juz look at the MTF chart, its really fantastic!! i have no doubts with Oly ZD glass, they r definitely great with distortion & CA control as well. :thumbsup: & mind u, this is a prime lens, if their zooms r already such record breaking, i really dun see this prime lens anywhere short of excellent. most importantly must have good pricig for me to grab.(of cos will be cheaper cos its a F3.5) :devil:
 

Sp9914957

Deregistered
Jul 7, 2005
719
0
0
#10
F2.8 would be a better lens...if around $400, i will get it too ...but getting my 11-22 first :)
 

nightpiper

Senior Member
Oct 20, 2003
2,152
0
0
#11
Sp9914957 said:
F2.8 would be a better lens...if around $400, i will get it too ...but getting my 11-22 first :)

ya! ya! ya! get the 11-22mm first then get the 18-180mm. u r all set to travel the world in 80 days!! :bsmilie: yet another deadly combo from Oly.

BUY LAH!!


now i m very very curious as to how the 10x zoom lens perform compared to the other 10x zooms. how about a comparison with the Canon 35-350mm L?:think: or the Sigma 50-500mm?
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#13
nightpiper said:
now i m very very curious as to how the 10x zoom lens perform compared to the other 10x zooms. how about a comparison with the Canon 35-350mm L?:think: or the Sigma 50-500mm?
looks suspiciously like the sigma 18-200.... which may not be that bad as it seems to have won some awards...




thier mtf charts differ but oly's mtf charts are slightly different...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom