New Lenses from Pentax (Q,K,645 and K01)

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Press release:

PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the exhibition of seven reference products — interchangeable lenses and camera accessories currently under development — at CP+ 2012, one of the largest and most comprehensive camera and imaging shows in Asia. This annual event will be held from February 9th to 12th at the PACIFIC YOKOHAMA convention center in Japan.

Reference Products

1. Interchangeable lens for medium-format digital SLR camera

Model name (tentative): smc PENTAX-D FA645 90mm f/2.8
· Unifocal medium-telephoto lens for use with the PENTAX 645D
· Focal length ideal for portraiture and high-quality image reproduction with beautiful bokeh (out-of-focus) effect
· Market launch scheduled for 2012

20120208_1.jpg

2. Interchangeable K-mount lenses for digital SLR cameras
Model name (tentative): smc PENTAX-DA 560mm f/5.6
· Unifocal super-telephoto lens for use with PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras
· Sharp, well-defined images — particularly with distant subjects — thanks to the adoption of optics used in astronomical telescopes

20120208_2.jpg

3 Model name (tentative): smc PENTAX-DA 50mm f/1.8
· Unifocal standard lens for use with PENTAX K-mount digital SLR cameras
· Maximum aperture of F1.8 for high-quality images with a superb rendition of depth and natural bokeh (out-of-focus) effect

20120208_3.jpg

4. Interchangeable Q-mount lenses for digital SLR cameras
 Model name (tentative): TELEPHOTO ZOOM
· Telephoto zoom lens (high-performance-lens series) for use with PENTAX Q-mount digital SLR cameras
· Exceptional image rendition for sharp, high-contrast images, even at the edges of the image field, thanks to the state-of-the-art optical design

[Product Image]

5 Model name (tentative): MOUNT CAP LENS
· Unifocal standard lens (unique-lens series) for use with PENTAX Q-mount digital SLR cameras
· Eye-catching “body cap” design, along with a toy-camera-like visual effect

20120208_5.jpg

6. Interchangeable K-mount lens for the PENTAX K-01
 Model name: TBA
· Super-thin interchangeable lens especially designed for the PENTAX K-01 digital camera
· Market launch: TBA

20120208_6.jpg

7. Lens adapter
 Model name: Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses
· Lens adapter for mounting a K-mount lens onto a Q-mount digital SLR camera body
· Built-in shutter unit; manual-focus operation only
· Market launch scheduled for Spring 2012

[Product Image]

Notes:
Model names, designs, specifications and market launch schedules of these products are all tentative and subject to change without notice. Prices of these products will be announced at a later date.

Last edited:
Cool, a 50mm f/1.8. More options, I guess.

Wonder what the focal length of the K-01 new lens is, and whether it can be used with K5.

I'm interested in the 560mm lens. Finally we got something for birdings :cool:

Apdaptor- K mount for Q mount?

Man, can you imagine a dslr lens on the tiny Q?

Totally agree.

I've met people who change brands because Pentax doesnt have this focal length for birding.

Apdaptor- K mount for Q mount?

Man, can you imagine a dslr lens on the tiny Q?

I think it's just for Pentax users who happen to have the Q to try to use their lenses on the Q. :bsmilie:

Imagine mounting the 560mm on the Q. :bsmilie:

You'll be holding the lens more than holding the Q.

DA 50mm f1.8? isn't it supposed to be DA 55mm f1.8 or DA 50mm f1.7 :bsmilie:

anyway, i hope the price will be competitive for this lens. more and more new pentaxians are coming!

Cool news :) More lens coming our way! Better save more $$ first. I was wondering if the DA50 1.8 happens to be a Limited lens or the normal DA.....

Look at the lens photos, the DA50/1.8 looks just like the DA35/2.4 :) So I guess the price won't be too high.

The 560mm lens looks beautiful ;p

And the coolest lenses are probably the bodycap lens for the Q and the new lens for the K-01. I've already told you guys that they'd release some lenses dedicated for K-01 w/ rear elements extended into the empty space in front of the sensor, now this lens is another reason to buy the new K-01 camera ;)

Last edited:

Look at the lens photos, the DA50/1.8 looks just like the DA35/2.4 :) So I guess the price won't be too high.

And the coolest lenses are probably the bodycap lens for the Q and the new lens for the K-01. I've already told you guys that they'd release some lenses dedicated for K-01 w/ rear elements extended into the empty space in front of the sensor, now this lens is another reason to buy the new K-01 camera ;)

I think at I'm signed up for the 50 and 40mm this year. :D
BTW, that 40mm shown above looks far better than the prototype one.

The 560/5.6 sounds promising.
Long enough for birding; Fast enough while not being too big/heavy and hopefully not that expensive.

Last edited:
I think it's just for Pentax users who happen to have the Q to try to use their lenses on the Q. :bsmilie:

Imagine mounting the 560mm on the Q. :bsmilie:

i think its more of a case of mounting the camera onto the lens than mounting the lens onto the camera :bsmilie:

it all sounds good really... seems like pentax has been listening to their customers all this time and are just waiting for the right time to roll out some of their new offerings.

hope they refresh the 200mm macro eventually too :heart: i'm patient and hopeful :cool:

Thank for sharing the photos :thumbsup:

Agree that the 560mm is a beauty, and K-01 lens looks really slim;) 2012 is really an exciting year for Pentax and Pentaxians!

Last edited:
I think at I'm signed up for the 50 and 40mm this year. :D
BTW, that 40mm shown above looks far better than the prototype one.

The 560/5.6 sounds promising.
Long enough for birding; Fast enough while not being too big/heavy and hopefully not that expensive.

The dedicated K-01 lens is differerent from the prototype we played during the outing. That one is the 40mm XS we are getting (to use on both K-01 and other dSLR cameras). But this new one can only be used on K-01 camera. It looks really nicer indeed.

Last edited:
fapping time.. :D

fengwei said:
I've already told you guys that they'd release some lenses dedicated for K-01 w/ rear elements extended into the empty space in front of the sensor, now this lens is another reason to buy the new K-01 camera ;)

Hmmm. I suppose this is not 40mm? It would not make sense to have yet another 40mm when the XS lens is already there, since any benefit will be marginal. As opposed to say, having a really thin 28mm..

Finally, and exciting,

DA 50 f1.8 is out, guess the press would be around 150 SGD, and 35mm around 200 SGD.

now, pentax has the cheapest 35mm lens, and a good priced 50mm lens, if they going to have a 85mm f1.8 around 300 sgd, then would be perfect to finish the budget lineup to attract people from C and N group.

The 560mm is not a star lens, that is good news, means it will not cost like a star,
imagine how Canikon charge for 500mm lens over X000 sgd, if this telephoto lens can make into a 1xxx range,

also hope 560mm is not below xxx, as that won't make people think it is just a telescope like the Vivitar/Samyang 500mm preset lens.

then, another reason C N people jump into Pentax for such a Prime Super telephoto.

Hmmm. I suppose this is not 40mm? It would not make sense to have yet another 40mm when the XS lens is already there, since any benefit will be marginal. As opposed to say, having a really thin 28mm..

Yeah, I guess so. Probably a 28mm? From the distance scale/mark, it doesn't look like a lens which has a focal lengh longer than 40/50mm or shorter than 24mm ...