Rosyth
www.typhoonstorm.com
New Lenses for Canon!
its a mamiya but adapted to canon, Workes out pretty well

crazy1.jpg

crazy2.jpg

its a 500mm F5.6
also comes in 150mm and 45mm

comming up next the 500mm adapted to an olympus C-X0X0 giving a 5 times multiplication factor hence it becomes a 2500mm probally still F2.8 as this is a MF lens.

only problem is the 1D is at risk of falling and hitting the ground!

it was quiet intresting actually,

i took a Canon body cap and a Mamiya lens cap, drilled a large hole in both of them. then i calibrated for infinity and stuck both of them together, with mounting and and gaffa tape, eventually would put contact glue onto it.

I sealed it for light fastness using the gaffa.

I am realtively pleased with the image quailty, it being a MF lens, the focus on the CCD of the Canon body is dead centre of the lens hence, no edge softness at all!

yeah thats the thing, kinda worried that it might snap off suddently,
might buy those mouldable concrete and paste it all over to make it stronger. but for now this is pretty okay, the mounting tape has a weight rating of 35lbs...

yeah the aperture is on the mamiya lens, its just a little dark when stopped down.

kudoz to u...

i see. haha.. plastic caps and gaffer tape holding alot of weight together... dont think you wanna leaving it hanging like that.. (in the pic) haha.. but i must say it is interesting.. =)

might consider those screw collar things... like the type u find on tripod collars... sounds studier..

the Lens Collar is actually metal, just the same texture and colour as Gaffa tape.

What i am most worried about, is the Mamiya lens to Cannon EF adapter which is really just held together by doublesided tape, mounting tape and some gaffa tape.

I think the 1D would stand the impact of the fall... i hope.

I love this configuration, want to shoot nature with it , if possible.

I meant to use the same collar mechanism or collar thing to lock the lens to the home made "Adapter" of cos, i make it sound way tooo easy.....

the collar (without a tripod mount) would hold the two pieces together just to ensure the two lens caps dont slide apart of come off... I think i've seen such things to hold pipes together even right? *shrugz*

anywae if u take some pics, do post! =) nite!

Status
Not open for further replies.