New lenses coming this Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
hi all, heard from MS Color that there will be new lenses launching this coming Nov. no details on whats coming but my guess is the 35-100mm & maybe the 18-180mm mega zoom. :devil:

get ready your wallets & credit cards!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The 18-180mm, with its ED elements, should be quite an interesting lens to look out for... me waiting for the 35mm Macro which looks like it will be super sharp.

tao said:
. me waiting for the 35mm Macro which looks like it will be super sharp.

u're not the only one :cheers:

hammer_400 said:
u're not the only one :cheers:

Ironically, this cheap lens is one of the most highly anticipated of the new lenses.

I really wish that Olympus will release such affordable primes with FOV of say, 17.5mm, 25mm, etc. Will be a throw back to my days of using a Nikon manual SLR with the very nice Nikkor primes. :)

Whats the f number of the 35mm lens? Whats is is RRP anyway?

chainsmoker said:
35mm f3.5 magnification 1x (w ex25 @35mm format 4:1)
50mm f2.0 magnification 0.52x (w ex25 @35mm format 2:1)

Any comments, feedback about your preference btw the 2?

from the specs, i believe the new 35mm macro is really meant for brighter outdoor & studio controlled lighting stuffs. not that useful indoors with F3.5, but then again, its up to u to exploit its weakness. :) both r excellent lenses, so the question now is which wud u choose? did i hear both? :devil:

If its cost is significantly lower than the 50mm f/2, I'm definately gonna go for the 35mm. Been waiting for an affordable macro lens for sometime already.

Evilmerlin said:
If its cost is significantly lower than the 50mm f/2, I'm definately gonna go for the 35mm. Been waiting for an affordable macro lens for sometime already.

It is being quoted around JYE24000 in Japan. Most likely, this lens will sell below $500 in Singapore.

Shucks, me getting the 50-200 soon... now thinking if the 18-180 would be significantly cheaper... anyone any idea on the date the lens will be coming out?

epong said:
Shucks, me getting the 50-200 soon... now thinking if the 18-180 would be significantly cheaper... anyone any idea on the date the lens will be coming out?

most sources seems to point to a pre christmas release for this lens. it is expected to be priced similarly with the 14-54mm.

with its range and ED elements, it is looking very interesting to me.

if it can be at least as good as the 40-150mm in terms of optical and image quality, it will make a great combination with the 11-22mm. :thumbsup:

epong said:

the ZD50-200mm will produce better image quality. u gotta ask yourself how much u want to compromise quality with versatility. my vote definitely goes to ZD 50-200mm. :lovegrin:

nightpiper said:
the ZD50-200mm will produce better image quality. u gotta ask yourself how much u want to compromise quality with versatility. my vote definitely goes to ZD 50-200mm. :lovegrin:

Hi Nightpiper,

Don't forget to pamper yourself this X'mas with the 50mm (f 2.0)or the 50-200mm which everyone now notices you have been drooling over for sometime. And after you have bought the 50-200mm, don't forget to alert us so we can help you try it out.:devil: For your info, I noted that Ogisaku in Japan is selling this lens around $1,300 (what do you say about this price? It is droolable? )

serene said:
Hi Nightpiper,

Don't forget to pamper yourself this X'mas with the 50mm (f 2.0)or the 50-200mm which everyone now notices you have been drooling over for sometime. And after you have bought the 50-200mm, don't forget to alert us so we can help you try it out.:devil: For your info, I noted that Ogisaku in Japan is selling this lens around $1,300 (what do you say about this price? It is droolable? )

YE EVIL ONE!! :devil: :devil: CAST THEE AWAY FROM ME!! :bsmilie:

no one can stop the pro drooler from drooling.... :sweat:

serene said:
Hi Nightpiper,

MO! MO! MO! :devil:

koolz said:
MO! MO! MO! :devil:

Just ask Serene to tompang lar! I think she been to Japan quite a few times liao... Just that the next round have to bring a BIG bag to put lotsa 50-200...;p

So good price, think i join in too.
How much for 7-14mm over there? can ton pang anot?

hammer_400 said:
Just ask Serene to tompang lar! I think she been to Japan quite a few times liao... Just that the next round have to bring a BIG bag to put lotsa 50-200...;p
Wow, so Serene, when is your next visit to Japan? ;p Help me buy!!!:D

Whoa, I did not know the responses are so quick - especially so quick to ask me to "tompang" (for those who don't know Singlish - this means 'by the way help me to carry')
BTW, out of curiosity in view of your responses, what is the street price of this pair of lenses? Not to disappoint, I will not be going to Japan this year probably next spring...

Status
Not open for further replies.