New Lens Purchase Not In Orignal Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekiwar

Nov 9, 2008
Pasir Ris
Hi,

I bought new Canon lens recently and it did not come in original Canon packaging. There was also no manual given. Upon checking with the shop, they explained that the lens was originally a kit lens of a DSLR camera. As another customer just wanted the body, the lens was taken out and sold seperately. Therefore, the lens does not have the original package and manual. Can anyone advise if there is indeed such practise? I tested the lens and it is fine. Just wanted to ensure it is genuine lens for warranty. Thanks.

Hi,

I bought new Canon lens recently and it did not come in original Canon packaging. There was also no manual given. Upon checking with the shop, they explained that the lens was originally a kit lens of a DSLR camera. As another customer just wanted the body, the lens was taken out and sold seperately. Therefore, the lens does not have the original package and manual. Can anyone advise if there is indeed such practise? I tested the lens and it is fine. Just wanted to ensure it is genuine lens for warranty. Thanks.

Yes there is. Juz rem to get the original warranty slip for the lens and receipt from them.

Fotophilic, thanks for your reply. Merry X'mas!

By right they cannot as the costing is different so if they were to sell near the retail price, might as well you bought the original box version because this way they earn quite a bit or so i think.

Hey Ekiwar,

What price did that shop quote u for which lens? He better give u a big discount over RSP. As fellow CSer said, if the price near RSP, u better name the shop here so everyone will know he ketuk u...:eek:

Also, U can easily get 2nd hand MINT kit lenses here in CS for super cheap price. Just check out the classifieds under Canon: tonnes of 18-55mm kit lens for sale: 95% mint condition. lelong.

Hi all,

thanks for the help and replies. The shop has been very nice to me thus far and they did provide a relatively cheaper price compared to the one in original packaging. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.