New Lens Acquisition: Samsung D-Xenon 100m Macro

detritus

Sep 12, 2009
shootingbugs.blogspot.com
Hi all,

was lens shopping the other day for a macro lens for my KX and read from many reviews and advice from fellow hobbyists to invest in a 100mm macro instead of a 50mm, as its more useful for taking insects... less likely to "spook" them.

unfortunately, i couldn't find the D-FA 100mm macro anywhere... didn't feel comfortable shipping it in from overseas cos of uncertainties over warranty issues so was feeling lousy for awhile...

until i found its clone :sweatsm: the Samsung D-Xenon 100mm macro :lovegrin:

IMAG0190.jpg

really liked the blue ring on the lens as it matches the colour on my K-X body :bsmilie:
IMAG0189.jpg

took it for a spin ard almost immediately after getting it (it was drizzling too :sweat:) and here are some samples.

Please feel free to give your comments. i believe any inadequacy in the photos are due to this amateur hobbyist's flawed technique rather than the shortcomings in the lens :embrass:

IMGP0943_fr.jpg

IMGP0719_fr.jpg

IMGP0837_fr.jpg

Congrats.

Where and how much did you bought it?

Congrats.

Where and how much did you bought it?

Manly :bsmilie: it was the last piece from old stock from what I understand ;)

Price is slightly more than the price of the d fa 50mm listed in the price guide :)

just wondering from more experienced pentaxians: would you consider a samsung lens for your pentax if the equivalent model from pentax was unavailable?

cos i'm personally tempted to get a a few more samsung lenses cos the blue strip is really quite nice and matches the navy K-X very well :bsmilie:

just wondering from more experienced pentaxians: would you consider a samsung lens for your pentax if the equivalent model from pentax was unavailable?

cos i'm personally tempted to get a a few more samsung lenses cos the blue strip is really quite nice and matches the navy K-X very well :bsmilie:

I've owned a Samsung 18-250. The build quality is good & it's made in Japan. :cool:

Wah Bro, Finally u bought it. Hahaha. Luckily manly still has it.

heh heh heh... thats another item on the shopping list then...

die liao... LBA :sweat: this time sure broke liao...

Think manly left 1 last piece of the Samsung 18-250. :sweat:

Think manly left 1 last piece of the Samsung 18-250. :sweat:

haha... ok... think i will put it on my list and pend for the moment... got other priorities, like the FA 50mm f1.4 ;p

my OC starting to raise eyebrows already... better thread carefully...

haha... ok... think i will put it on my list and pend for the moment... got other priorities, like the FA 50mm f1.4 ;p

my OC starting to raise eyebrows already... better thread carefully...

Yeah, this FA 50mm f1.4 is one of the favorite lens of Pentaxian.
I bought this lens twice. :sweat:

Bro , u bought again ar ?>

That time I tot u not buying again le . Din know u bought it again . wow ..... so now how many lenses liao ?

Kengoh, I went to Chinese Garden looking for ur lens. No have lei...LOL. Kidding.

finally? no lah... i wanted to get the FA 50mm f1.4 the last time... its still on my list :bsmilie:

buy buy buy! hahaha!

Why dun u ask Mr Quek to booked one for u? When he has it he will call. Reason why he knows me too much liao. lol.