New k-r user

Silverback84

Jun 24, 2011
Hi peeps,

I'm a new k-r owner. Hope to learn from the maestros here.

I am looking for a filter to serve as an protector to the len as well as to minimize the reflection on the glass.

Kindly guide this clueless noob pls.

I am looking for a filter to serve as an protector to the len as well as to minimize the reflection on the glass.

a lens hood makes better sense than a filter for that. if u must cover up your front lens element with another piece of glass, the kenko protectors will do. just don't get those cheap $10 filter. they mess up picture quality quite a bit.

I'll be getting the pentax da 18-135mm WR len. It comes with len hood. Thank you for the pointer. Every opinion counts!

I'll be getting the pentax da 18-135mm WR len. It comes with len hood. Thank you for the pointer. Every opinion counts!

It's "lens" not "len". ;)

/nitpick

Thank u for pointing that out lol

Lol pls forgive me I ish n00bie mah... Oh btw if I buy pentax da 18-135mm WR lens from amazon USA then ship to sg got warranty? Pls pardon me.

I include shipping it's only sgd$620 and sg selling $749...

u have to factor in GST. the package will get detained at paya lebar singpost centre and u can't have it until u make a trip down to pay, or pay singpost a fee to settle it for u and deliver it to your address.

after factoring in GST, its less than $100 savings and a lot of time / effort expended. i don't think its worthwhile. the intl warranty coverage is also pretty grey.

better get locally from the shops, test till u shiok before u buy.

Hehe I know how to by-pass the gst... But cannot discuss on forum... This is not-up-to-standard practice.

GST aside, do note that if the lens has problems and warranty coverage is not included, shipping it back will be at your cost, and you will not have the same level of service you should get from the better physical shops here.

Hehe I know how to by-pass the gst... But cannot discuss on forum... This is not-up-to-standard practice.

such things are not uncommon knowledge to pple who ship their things in frequently.

the downside is insurance. if u do not declare the full value, u also cannot insure for the full value. if the thing gets lost, or ends up kaput due to mishandling during shipping then hallelujah to you.

all to save $40 in GST? hmmm...

Lol pls forgive me I ish n00bie mah... Oh btw if I buy pentax da 18-135mm WR lens from amazon USA then ship to sg got warranty? Pls pardon me.

Warranty only available in the USA. Like what edutilos mentioned, shipping back to country of origin is at own cost so is shipping it back to SG. That would be more than the $749 sold in SG. . .

Receive pm that da 18-135 is now selling at 680 at gizmobuy . Haven't update the pricelist yet as not much new pricing except this lens and k5 going at 1.5k

Do check it out . Cos compare 680 and 620 , not very worth to buy oversea

I oso checked gizmobuy but need to wait 2-3wks... Damn long if I order now can get in 1wk 3days.

I oso checked gizmobuy but need to wait 2-3wks... Damn long if I order now can get in 1wk 3days.

If you order from Amazon USA you are so sure it will arrive in 10 days?

I hope you are using Borderlinx and not Vpost.. Vpost is notorious for being extremely ridiculous and erratic.

edutilos- said:
If you order from Amazon USA you are so sure it will arrive?

I hope you are using Borderlinx and not Vpost.. Vpost is notorious for being extremely ridiculous and erratic.

I'm using comgateway. Fast but not the cheapest... I believe borderlinx cheaper... I hope for the best.

Actually today I wanted to purchase the da 18-135mm from gizmobuy but no stock I was disappointed Kenneth informed me need to wait 2-3wks...

I'm using comgateway. Fast but not the cheapest... I believe borderlinx cheaper... I hope for the best.

Actually today I wanted to purchase the da 18-135mm from gizmobuy but no stock I was disappointed Kenneth informed me need to wait 2-3wks...

vpost is a definite NO if u care anything at all for your package. the so-called "tracking" tells u nothing and their "service support" (if u can call it that) is a very bo-chup operator who can only check the website, tell u what she sees (which is also what you see) and can't do anything else.