New K-Mount Film Camera from Kenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads-up! Good to see new film-cameras with K-mount, a cheap alternative to full-frame SLR. Looks uncannily like the Cosina bodies :)

Hope price is low. Wonder if it will be sold in Singapore, or wld have to order from overseas?

Official price is 24,000 Yen, which makes it very affordable. Good move by Kenko to offer them in various mounts. Since Kenko have close affiliation with Hoya, it's like being a close relative to Pentax.

Good news for knyghtfall....
It will probably delay his move to a digital body though....

After looking at the site, ooh.... Fully mechanical...
Batteries optional (needed only if you want to use the light meter)...
Just like the K1000....
With the technologies now, they better has at least the same build quality as the K1000.
Then I will be tempted too... Haaa.... :p

Just read the manual....
One little bummer....
The light meter is the ME Super +*- type....
Prefer the analog type in the K1000.... :sticktong

Good news for knyghtfall....
It will probably delay his move to a digital body though....

Brother knyghtfall's New Year Resolution for 2008 should be... to go digital :bsmilie:

Seriously, this camera is better value compared to say a used Pentax MX. And cheap too...
Definitely better than the K1000.
Analog match needle meters disappeared a very long time ago because they weren't very accurate after a while. Trust me on this.
I might get this camera because Fuji Velvia 50 beckons...

Brother knyghtfall's New Year Resolution for 2008 should be... to go digital :bsmilie:

Seriously, this camera is better value compared to say a used Pentax MX. And cheap too...
Definitely better than the K1000.
Analog match needle meters disappeared a very long time ago because they weren't very accurate after a while. Trust me on this.
I might get this camera because Fuji Velvia 50 beckons...

heh... waiting to see if any of you will offload ur K10Ds in favour of the new digital body haha...:bsmilie: but seriously my next purchase should be the 43, decided to get it.. now giving up my FA 50/1.4, if anyone's interested.. will be in the b&s soon..

heh, no need for another film body at the moment... the MZ-3's a keeper for me, still have the MZ-50 as backup.. that one's of no resale value these days, might as well just keep it. MZ-50's better for night photography, more control in M/Tv priority modes compared to MZ-3.

Seriously, I think you should go digital now and keep the 50 f/1.4. The 43 f/1.9 can come later.

Where can we get hold of one in sg?

Seriously, I think you should go digital now and keep the 50 f/1.4. The 43 f/1.9 can come later.

Why not get a digital and the FA43 all together ;) The FA43 works great on digital too, of course it's hale time was in the film days ...

Budget man budget.... heh... I go with the saying "Bodies come and go but good glass stays forever!" ;)

Budget man budget.... heh... I go with the saying "Bodies come and go but good glass stays forever!" ;)

Don't get overly obsessed by the allure of the FA Limited primes. The difference between film and digital is significant enough for you to try it out the latter. The price of a digital body is coming down and even a used K100D can be bought for less than US$300 now. That is definitely cheaper than even a used FA43. Shooting digital is far cheaper than shooting film and I dare say you will get more out of your collection of lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.