NEW IPT. No More RT Requirement??? Do you think it helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclau19

Sep 29, 2006
Good News or just the usual stuff? Instead of 8 weeks RT now if u volunteer its only maximum 5 weeks IPT. What do you guys think?

IPPT Preparatory Training :) ;) :cool:

About IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT)

IPT is a voluntary program to assist NSmen to pass their IPPT, catering for NSmen who are willing to invest their time and commitment to undergo formal PT sessions in their attempt to pass IPPT. IPT is managed by the PT (NS) Branch, Army Fitness Centre and is conducted at Bedok and Khatib Fitness and Conditioning Centres (FCC).

IPT Program Structure

IPT is a 5-week non-residential training program. It provides differentiated training packages for individual NSmen to overcome their weak areas in physical fitness. NSmen would be coached on the training methodology to improve their performance in IPPT as well as lectures in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It is conducted twice a week, each session being 3 hours in duration.

IPT Schedules

There are 3 new IPT schedules available every 5 weeks at the 2 FCCs for NSmen to select from. The schedules are differentiated by the training sessions timing. This will enable NSmen to choose a time slot and location to suit their personal and work commitments. NSmen will remain in their selected schedule at the chosen FCC for the whole duration of his IPT.

Schedule Sessions

Timing of Sessions (hours)

Monday, Wednesday 1900-2200
Monday, Saturday 1900-2200, 1630-1930
Tuesday, Thursday 1900-2200

Booking System

NSmen would be able to book an IPT slot, using the same booking system used for booking non-ICT IPPT slots. They will have the option to book IPT schedules which end within 9 months of their current IPPT window. This would enable NSmen who could not pass their IPPT at the end of IPT to continue their own training, applying the training methodology to improve on their performance and thus maximizing the knowledge gained during the IPT.

IPT Eligibility

NSmen who are eligible to book for their non-ICT IPPT in the NS IPPT Booking System would also be eligible for IPT. Those who did not passed their IPPT for their previous IPPT window would have to attend RT before they could subscribe for IPT.
NSmen aged 35 years and above MUST be medically screened for IPPT before he can booked for IPT. This would enable the NSman to attempt his IPPT during the IPT.

NS Liability and Pay

Participation in IPT is strictly voluntary. NSmen on IPT would not be paid Service or Make-up Pay, except for the 8th session which is an IPPT and only if NSmen have not exceeded 3 Non-ICT IPPT attempts within his current window. Attendance at the IPT would also NOT count towards the NSman annual NS of 40 days except for the 8th session (IPPT). However, all IPT sessions attended would be recorded in the NSman Training History as a voluntary training activity so that the NSman?s participation in IPT is duly acknowledged.

SAF's Provision for Injury Compensation

NSman who volunteer for IPT would be covered/compensated in line with current SAF provisions for any injuries sustained during IPT session. The NSman must be registered for the IPT session prior to the start of the session so that the NSman training commitments can be verified should the NSman makes any claim for compensation.

Incentives

NSmen who passed their IPPT during IPT will be released immediately from the IPT and their result would be recorded as their annual requirement for the current IPPT window. They will also be eligible for IPPT Monetary Awards if they achieved the corresponding standards. Those who completed at least 8 IPT Sessions (including the IPPT at the 8th session) would be exempted from RT if they could not pass their IPPT at the end of their IPPT window.
Jurisdiction

NSmen will be under the jurisdiction of the OC FCC for the duration of the RT schedule.

IPT Session

Each IPT session is 3 hours in duration with the following activities:

In-processing/Safety Briefing - 15 mins
Physical Training / IPPT Training - 2 to 2 1/2 hrs (include 15 mins of break after each hour of training)
Out-processing - 15 mins

Attendance / Make-up Training (MUT)

Attendance for all IPT sessions is voluntary. NSman who are absent from any IPT session could make arrangements with the FCC for a MUT, if he so requires. However, NSman is to note that he would only be exempted from RT if he completes a minimum of 8 IPT session (including the IPPT at the 8th session).

Definately better, the last RT is not flexible, we adults sometime work OT cannot go, moreover, the previous timing is from 1800~2100, but the big problem here is, it is difficult to ask for time off from your work sometimes... Finally, something for me to cheer about... In fact I really like RT training, it kinda force you to run and sometimes it really helps me to exercise my old and out of shape body.:thumbsup:

I guess its a much better module then RT. timing wise also wiser coz its not like 4pm start then u drag and become a joke of the office to go off early just to attend RT.

However, i would still prefer not to waste the 5 weeks and pass at a go. Y1!!!

I guess its a much better module then RT. timing wise also wiser coz its not like 4pm start then u drag and become a joke of the office to go off early just to attend RT.

However, i would still prefer not to waste the 5 weeks and pass at a go. Y1!!!

RT, if rememmber correctly, can earn money. Apparently, IPT, since it's voluntary, cannot. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.. it has been a long time since last RT

Sounds good cause i'm going for RT soon in 07. :sweat:

Yes, RT -> Token rank pay allowance.
IPT -> No token rank pay allowance.

I believe that the IPT has been going on for quite some time.

The RT force is getting bigger every year.

Nowadays, it is very difficult to find time to train up for IPPT as many of us are working longer hours, some without OT pay, and on weekends.

It takes real effort to go for RT especially the second phase.

RT, if rememmber correctly, can earn money. Apparently, IPT, since it's voluntary, cannot. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.. it has been a long time since last RT

saf want to reduce cost. see so many permanant RT soldiers. Never book IPPT direct RT.

It is not going to work. As you get older, after a few years from ORD, your stamina will drop. At that time, your focus is not on IPPT anymore, but rather on raising a family.

Few people maintain their standard. The majority will fail the test after their ORD. It is not that they are lazy; They are just not motivated to engage in regular workout. Nobody can force them to adopt a different lifestyle, beacause it is a mindset issue.

Also, not passing the test doesn't mean that you are unhealthy. It only means that you fail to meet the standard set by an organisation. Unless you are a regular in the army where you are surrounded by training environment in the camp, you will not feel inclined to train yourself in fitness in the civilian world.

Also, some people don't need much regular training to maintain their score in chin-up test. Whereas, there are those who fail the test after a year or two if they do not train hard enough.

I belong to the latter. I can pull 12 chin-up and ran 9.2.... mins for 2.4 km during the active days, and I always got a 'Gold' for the test, but now I can only manage at most 2 chin-up and 13++ mins for 2.4km. There are a lot of people like myself. There is simply no motivation to continue the training after ORD; Blame it on the mindset or whatever, but it is part of human nature.

It is not going to work this time as well:nono: , unless you send those who failed the test to jail! I bet they will train hard! :bsmilie:

IPT only helps government save $ :bsmilie: cannot help me pass :sweat:

for 3rd sergent about $10 per RT session, works out to be $200 if you go phase 1 & 2 20sessions.

Look at the number of RT people... at least 200 each RT intake.

IPT only helps government save $ :bsmilie: cannot help me pass :sweat:

for 3rd sergent about $10 per RT session, works out to be $200 if you go phase 1 & 2 20sessions.

Look at the number of RT people... at least 200 each RT intake.
IPT is to give chance to regular RT sign ons, 8 sessions, from 7pm~10pm. Instead of 20 sessions, 6pm~10pm mah.

I'm booking my next IPT liao LOL!

How to book? I can't book leh. I'm already in next year RT list. Anyway to change to IPT? :think:

IPT? 什么来的? :bsmilie:

Back to the topic, I think SAF trying to cut cost lah...no pay? If I'm the one, I rather go train myself at home/somewhere nearby. If fail, then go RT loh...anyway, of all my years in reservists, never fail before, cos I belong to the 'elite' mah...sounds familiar? :bsmilie:

Jokes aside, I think if we make a point to train hard at least 2 months before IPPT, then shouldn't be a problem. IPTs are for those who needs to correct their techniques for certain stations. IPPTs are about techniques. Once you get them right, no way can fail, except running, which is training, training and more training really.

Don't fire me hoh...cos I belong to the 'elite' mah...;p

I knock myself first...not like someone, who didn't think before they write.

Virgo<-- :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.