NEW IPPT system vs RT

'Good' vs 'Bad' on revised IPPT RT system

Results are only viewable after voting.

Looks like the $9K in your pocket (new NSF man) demands some work from you after ORD.

Keep fit and keep fit to 'get away' from the revised system.

9 mths of IPPT/IPT + 3 mths of RT for those who fail IPPT.

For those who left 2-3 year or reservist (and always cannot pass IPPT) is a bad news.

Looks like the $9K in your pocket (new NSF man) demands some work from you after ORD.

Keep fit and keep fit to 'get away' from the revised system.

9 mths of IPPT/IPT + 3 mths of RT for those who fail IPPT.

For those who left 2-3 year or reservist (and always cannot pass IPPT) is a bad news.

Actually for me I would just go and do ippt + RT will do since I already know that I will fail SBJ. No point for me to do IPT and yet fail IPPT still have to go for RT.

lucky no more liao.............................:bsmilie:

Actually for me I would just go and do ippt + RT will do since I already know that I will fail SBJ. No point for me to do IPT and yet fail IPPT still have to go for RT.

The new system will required you to complete IPPT and IPT in the 1st 9mth. If IPT still cannot make it will have to go RT for the last 3mth.

If you take IPPT on the 8th month and failed you will have 1mth to complete your IPT. No escape.

SBJ is static station.. very easy.. just pass the rest first then every weekend go and attempt that 1 static station until pass.. maybe one day scally hit the passing mark then no more troubles liao..

The worst is 2.4km.. cannot skip the rest and take that 1 station only..

back to the SBJ.. who knows maybe 1 day the PTI enter the number wrongly and then can pass with flying colours..

I check my past IPPT record, and notice that got 1 year the SBJ result is 423cm.. *sign*.. why don't he key my 2.4km as 9mins instead of SBJ then I can get $400......

Last edited:
er but it's automated now, the PTI need not key in anything unless they are amending results...

SBJ is static station.. very easy.. just pass the rest first then every weekend go and attempt that 1 static station until pass.. maybe one day scally hit the passing mark then no more troubles liao..

The worst is 2.4km.. cannot skip the rest and take that 1 station only..

back to the SBJ.. who knows maybe 1 day the PTI enter the number wrongly and then can pass with flying colours..

I check my past IPPT record, and notice that got 1 year the SBJ result is 423cm.. *sign*.. why don't he key my 2.4km as 9mins instead of SBJ then I can get $400......

er but it's automated now, the PTI need not key in anything unless they are amending results...

Not sure why the result got error also.. usually, for sit-up and chin-ups etc.. it's quite common to do manual entry bcoz sensor mis-count very often.. but for SBJ.. usually no need.. but the error was in SBJ leh..

Anyway.. if you every weekend go and jump.. maybe 1 day the PTI see already will "gan dong" and help you manual entry leh.......

i got 5 more cycles :cry:

and sians i got charged for failing to take ippt/book RT (totally forgotten about it cos busy doing my exams)... how much now ah? i first time tio charged :embrass:

The new system will required you to complete IPPT and IPT in the 1st 9mth. If IPT still cannot make it will have to go RT for the last 3mth.

If you take IPPT on the 8th month and failed you will have 1mth to complete your IPT. No escape.

The current IPPT Preparatory Training or IPT will be enhanced from a voluntary 5-week programme, to a voluntary 9-month programme with customised Personal Performance Targets over the same number of training sessions

How can IPT be "voluntary" if one is forced to take it?

How can IPT be "voluntary" if one is forced to take it?

SAF volute you lor. NS man are SAF's 'property' mah.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

"voluntary" because you can select which day you like to go. HaHaHa

Based on your logic those who can pass also must go for IPT lor???

Pass IPPT dun need to go for IPT or RT.

New system:

1) 1-9mth: Failed IPPT will go for IPT (must clear in 9mths time)
*Pass IPPT (end of story)
*Pass IPT (not need for modified RT)
2) 10-12mth:
*Failed will have to go for modified RT

*voluntary bases because you select the date for IPT and modified RT.

and sians i got charged for failing to take ippt/book RT (totally forgotten about it cos busy doing my exams)... how much now ah? i first time tio charged :embrass:
First time tio charge is $50 if below 3rd seargent. 2nd sarge and above got different package. Officer is S$150.

I usually fail IPPT then go RT, that will cover me for 2 cycles so the next time I need to do it again is the year after. Its like every 2 years IPPT + RT once, then clear for another 2 year. Now since the IPPT is 9mths and RT 3mths, I cannot do that liao... sianz...

The charge I think have revised. Default for the 3rd time will send you to DB.

First time tio charge is $50 if below 3rd seargent. 2nd sarge and above got different package. Officer is S$150.

I usually fail IPPT then go RT, that will cover me for 2 cycles so the next time I need to do it again is the year after. Its like every 2 years IPPT + RT once, then clear for another 2 year. Now since the IPPT is 9mths and RT 3mths, I cannot do that liao... sianz...

Yes the 2yrs one IPPT no more. There see the loop-hole.

no worries, just wear no. 3 and explain lor, they will give u another chance.

New system:

2) 10-12mth:

Voluntary is because you are not paid and the attendance other than the 8th session (IPPT) is not counted into your reservist.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/mindef_websites/topics/nsmen/admin/IPT.html

No Service and Make-Up Pay

As participation in IPT is voluntary, the NSmen will not be given service pay or make-up pay, except for the 8th session (IPPT session). IPT attendance, except the 8th session, will also not count towards your 40 days of NS callup annually. All IPT sessions attended will be recorded in your training history as a voluntary training activity so that your IPT participation is duly acknowledged.

New system:

2) 10-12mth:

Base on your flow for people who fail all the way must go through the following in a simpliest explaination:

Fail IPPT >> Fail IPT >> RT

Like that means we whole year is delicated going back camp for physical re-training + reservist liao....

either pass or downgrade, no 3rd choice.....

the ppl who come up with this is crazy.......:bigeyes:

to me, this system is telling ppl to die......