New into the world of DSLR

djkyno

Dec 14, 2010
Singapore, Bt Batok
Hi bro and sis, im new here in clubsnap and of cos new to the world of DLSR, i just gotten myself a Canon 500D, Wish to learn more skill and technique from fellow bros and sis here.

CHEERS FOR PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!

Welcome to cs and enjoy your new toy.

welcome to the club :)

Welcome to CS:)

I just posted a few shots, but the picture look so the small..why ar ?

Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome and enjoy!

Hi bro and sis, im new here in clubsnap and of cos new to the world of DLSR, i just gotten myself a Canon 500D, Wish to learn more skill and technique from fellow bros and sis here.

CHEERS FOR PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!

Hi welcome.
Just curious, doesn't canon provide those free dslr course when you bought the camera from them?

Yup they do but the problem is its too basic and when you ask questions about techniques or settings, they would say that its on the advance level already and you need to pay for that workshop!

Yup they do but the problem is its too basic and when you ask questions about techniques or settings, they would say that its on the advance level already and you need to pay for that workshop!

Still, its a good place to start for a newbie, no? They at least cover the basics to give some sort of foundation. After that, its up to them how they want to continue learning

this is s-t-u-p-i-d. thought they are really into helping people especially those new in using a dslr. Those questions should still be beginner .

Wah... just to ask for settings and techniques you have to go to advance class... You have piqued my interest in what they really teach for free... "now, take out your DSLR, this is how you molest and craddle your new found love, treat it as if it is your wife".... :heart: :heart:

If you need to pay for it to learn how about simple settings and techniques then all I can say is, everything about a free lesson is nothing more than a sales gimmick... Sad to say. Maybe I'm expecting too much... I think the free class is basically for peeps who aren't up to it (bordering on calling it lazy) or too busy to read the manual then? Its easy to fill up a good 2 hour class with just how to navigate through the menu itself, without even touching on how to shoot properly...

Last edited:
Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Still, its a good place to start for a newbie, no? They at least cover the basics to give some sort of foundation. After that, its up to them how they want to continue learning

it's free right? don't expect too much, but it is better than nothing.
the manual is a good place to start too. enjoy your new toy!

cheers! :cool: