New Intel chipset in the horizon?

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi especially to those who have been following PC tech news ... heard of anything news concerning the chipset which will replace the P55?

Hoping to upgrade my PC (not in a hurry though) and really hate to upgrade now and later learnt in less than 3-6 months, it will become obsolete ...

Thanks in advance!

dono about chipset, but intel sandybridge that requires the new lga-1155 socket should be rolling our early next yr.

Yeah, read something on that ... any idea when it'll be out? Q1 or Q2? Been ploughing the net and there's just too much information ... :embrass:

dono about chipset, but intel sandybridge that requires the new lga-1155 socket should be rolling our early next yr.

my guess: before Xmas. But then, P55 (LGA1156) is dead the moment they launch anyway...

Don't worry about dead/dinosaur chipset. Apple will retrofit them into their hardware and put a nice shiny box on top of it. LOL!

no idea, but my guess is that the first processor should roll out early q1

when sandybridge is out, then the older 1156 will drop price. best! :D

i think the 1155 shld be out soon since the new boards are already being show hand by the makers.

Wait for Q1. Sandybridge will be out and current core i3 will be rebranded as pentium/celeron with a corresponding 30% discount. However best if you can wait till AMD launches bulldozer and see what performance is like before deciding. Expected Q1/2

Wait for Q1. Sandybridge will be out and current core i3 will be rebranded as pentium/celeron with a corresponding 30% discount. However best if you can wait till AMD launches bulldozer and see what performance is like before deciding. Expected Q1/2

But I'm afraid that after Q1/2 they will come out with something better and newer. Then the so called 'new' in Q1/2 will become 'old'. So should I wait after Q9?

Performance would still be years from matching current GPUs

I remember them hiring boatloads of ppl for the then newly create visual processing department. :sweat:

No point worrying about what will be in the future for computer technology, just buy what you need...... in one whole chunk. It goes obsolete, the moment it is out on the market.

No point worrying about what will be in the future for computer technology, just buy what you need...... in one whole chunk. It goes obsolete, the moment it is out on the market.

I just set up 1 set this morning at SLS. You mean it is already obsolete. What should I do then?

Well I think we can still do some planning. eg. if you know iphone 4 is coming out next month would you still go out and buy a 3gs?

If I know sandybridge is coming out 1 quarter from now then I will wait for 1 quarter more unless really no choice then will buy now.

live with it and be happy :) it's just like buying a new phone anyway

no worries I just sold the system to my neighbour and make a handsome profit out of it.
I rather wait for the latest.

give to me, i help you take the dinosaur technology off your hands.

aiyah, sold liao. Now at SLS waiting for the latest chips.