New in Photography [Photo of my Fiancee] need comments.

Mohd Zamri

Feb 4, 2014
woodlands
Hi I just stated photography like about a month ago so yeah very very new here. Started off where my dad had stop
Please comment below. Im looking at ways to improve myself.
Shots were taken with

Canon EOS 500D
50mm f1.8 canon lens

Edited using Photoshop Elements 12

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

one eye jack

Jun 11, 2011
Good effort, the close up is nice. If you are not picky the exposure can do but I would prefer to
have detail of her dark sweater perhaps a little PP would help? Could in hindsight spot meter the sweater and make adjustments from there.

The 2nd picture, her left hand can be better placed if like resting on the knee,to the side or on the bench instead of the claw like appearance, she looks self conscious, relax. From the shadows it appears that the sun is high thus this highlight effect which give some texture or contour to the face which is good. Perhaps can also be improved by fill flash but this may be tricky.

richardlim31

Oct 23, 2013
Seng Kang
1st pic crop too much..should have space above and at the feet :) thanks for sharing.

Mohd Zamri

Feb 4, 2014
woodlands
Good effort, the close up is nice. If you are not picky the exposure can do but I would prefer to
have detail of her dark sweater perhaps a little PP would help? Could in hindsight spot meter the sweater and make adjustments from there.

The 2nd picture, her left hand can be better placed if like resting on the knee,to the side or on the bench instead of the claw like appearance, she looks self conscious, relax. From the shadows it appears that the sun is high thus this highlight effect which give some texture or contour to the face which is good. Perhaps can also be improved by fill flash but this may be tricky.

hi! really thx alot for the feedback. yeah xD I need learn how to make her pose for me hehehe. oh im still learning how to use fill flash with the correct exposure. I think that could help brighten up amd show more highlights for her dark sweater.

Mohd Zamri

Feb 4, 2014
woodlands
1st pic crop too much..should have space above and at the feet :) thanks for sharing.
yeahh xD I just read one of the comments too on some other guys photo about having more space below and above the head thx again! ill do take note about that thanks!

Shizuma

Mar 19, 2012
maybe you can explore how your portraits can bring out the parts of her personality which you find appealing to yourself.
This way the photo will be more meaningful to you (especially)