New High Speed Fibre Broadband

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
Hi guys,

anyone switched to the new optic fibre broadband services from ST n M1 yet? any comments on speed/reliability?

would also be interested to know if the ST/M1 packages are blocking the torrent IPs like my Starhub...can't download anything :(

feel like switching to these new ones hee....

Hi guys,

anyone switched to the new optic fibre broadband services from ST n M1 yet? any comments on speed/reliability?

would also be interested to know if the ST/M1 packages are blocking the torrent IPs like my Starhub...can't download anything :(

feel like switching to these new ones hee....

Torrent is suc..k.. better use megaupload :) 1.5Mbps download speed using normal Starhub cable MaxOnline

general rule of thumb: NEVER be the first one to try.... let others be the guniea pigs.....

New things will ALWAYS have bugs and screw-ups, esp from our local telcos.......

Has your building even been fibre-enabled yet?

http://rollout.opennet.com.sg/

Looking at the opennet map, they are prioritizing schools and government buildings first.

What's really funny is Kasai road near Yio chu kang - in the middle of nowhere, but every small house there has fibre already. Makes you wonder who lives there. ;)

I still think that it's still not so stable yet. Let it stable first.. :)

general rule of thumb: NEVER be the first one to try.... let others be the guniea pigs.....

New things will ALWAYS have bugs and screw-ups, esp from our local telcos.......

:bsmilie:

Agreed! As it is still quite new, there maybe some teething problem still. IIRC yesterday Digital Times have a article on the Fibre Broadband.

I'm still tied under contract for my current BB plan else I'll be itching to switch and be one of those guinea pigs too :sweatsm:

haha yes my house is fully set up by OpenNet liao...received a letter from them saying i can choose from any of the 2 providers, and they gave me brochures for ST and M1. Just M1 is cheaper, and offers faster max upload/DL speeds compared to ST, thinking since they are using the same network, maybe it doesn't matter which i choose, just go with the cheaper one?

Just want to get out of Starhub...lousy non-existent customer service...i had to be on hold for 40mins just to speak to someone on the SH hotline...

i am switching to m1 fibre optic next year when my snbb plan ends. their 25mbps is so cheap only... as compared to my existing 10mbps plan which costs me $80+ (ok i take their laptop promo last time...)!

yea haha my hse is set up i presume looking at this...funny they din put in the legend what purple means :p

openet.jpg

My house has been wired. Think if you have current contract, maybe the ISP might allow upgrades to their fibre optic plans. Considering as well.

dont need so fast lar...usually depand on the source. if source slow, upgrading your broadband doesn't help.

haha yes my house is fully set up by OpenNet liao...received a letter from them saying i can choose from any of the 2 providers, and they gave me brochures for ST and M1. Just M1 is cheaper, and offers faster max upload/DL speeds compared to ST, thinking since they are using the same network, maybe it doesn't matter which i choose, just go with the cheaper one?

Just want to get out of Starhub...lousy non-existent customer service...i had to be on hold for 40mins just to speak to someone on the SH hotline...

Hihi, I got a letter from them also, but I still have a broadband contract with Singtel. Anyone knows if that means I have to wait till the end of the contract?

yea haha my hse is set up i presume looking at this...funny they din put in the legend what purple means :p

openet.jpg

Oh, where did you get this site? I want to check mine. :)

Actually plan to subscribe, tried to call ST since few days ago, unable to get them yet, always heavy call traffic :rolleyes:

i may go for M1, plans look reasonable. can't seem to find the ST plans online.... anyway wow students get the 100MBPs package for only $39

40252569.jpg