New Here

vL SnapShot

Aug 1, 2010
Bedok, Singapore
Hi all,

1st post my msg here.
last week jus bought Canon 550D, trying to take some nice pic to delivery my msg.
but the camera too many function i dun really know hoe to use.. still reading the menu
any idea where to get more info on it>?

last nite try wif it at barrage, took some photos and photoshop it.. but too stupid, i dunno how to post here and let u guys comment.

any idea? thks!

vL

Welcome to CS:)

My suggestion?Read your manual and/or go down to the library and borrow books...

Hi all,

1st post my msg here.
last week jus bought Canon 550D, trying to take some nice pic to delivery my msg.
but the camera too many function i dun really know hoe to use.. still reading the menu
any idea where to get more info on it>?

last nite try wif it at barrage, took some photos and photoshop it.. but too stupid, i dunno how to post here and let u guys comment.

any idea? thks!

vL

Hi vL,

Reading from what you have posted, looks like you need to attend the product training by Canon, to introduce you to to your Canon camera.

Secondly, read the following guides.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94574
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462896

Also, you have bought yourself a dSLR, not a point and shoot.

You have to master the equation:

Knowledge of your camera + Knowledge of Exposure + Knowledge of Composition + Timing = Good Picture

oh thanks for advised, successful post wat i shot last nite.. thank you thank you..

manage to attend the free course from canon..:D thank you!

Was use SLR b4 when i studying designing course... but after grad never touch camera again abt more than 100 yrs.. hahaha... the basic knowledge still can remember..

Was use SLR b4 when i studying designing course... but after grad never touch camera again abt more than 100 yrs.. hahaha... the basic knowledge still can remember..

:bigeyes:

How old are you now?:think:

We do have sections where you can put up photographs that you have taken for comments.

Check out the different genres available and post your images there.

We don't comment photos here.

Thank you in advance.

thank you dingaroo, i still need time to figure out how to use this website,. hahaha idiot me... anyway, thks a lot:D
post under "gallery" will do rite?

opssss... pai seh,.. hahahaha 10 yrs... hahahaha
btw, pls giv me some comments, let me improve... :D
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/163644

Wah... u r fortunate to start photography at your age with a DSLR.
Do a google search on Canon 550D.
Should get quite a no. of info on its functionalities.
When i was 10 yrs old, photography as a hobby never came across my mind.
Think we collected stamps and play ping pong :bsmilie:

Wah... u r fortunate to start photography at your age with a DSLR.
Do a google search on Canon 550D.
Should get quite a no. of info on its functionalities.
When i was 10 yrs old, photography as a hobby never came across my mind.
Think we collected stamps and play ping pong :bsmilie:

I think he meant that he has not touched a SLR or DLSR in 10 years. Not that he is 10 years old.

Hi VL, welcome to CS :)

Go through your manual, there are tons of basic information about your camera that you need to know inside there. Master the basics of shutter speed, aperture etc. That should keep you occupied for a while. Oh yes, most importantly, go out and shoot more! No point reading up on so many theories but end up never put them into use.. :bsmilie:

Oh, Googling helps too! Have fun with your new gear ;)

Welcome.:)

Hi, welcome to cs!

Visit the library or some bookstall selling photography related mag.

Get the digital SLR photography Malaysia edition from MPH. It's cheap and good.

Last edited:
Use Automatic mode, see if you like/dislike the picture and then learn why the camera onboard computer chose those settings.

see what each of those settings do and what you can do to affect those settings to get the picture you want.

its actually pretty quick to learn once you have your own flowchart on taking a picture.

the more mistakes you learn from, the nicer pictures you will take in future.