new here first post. nd help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
i got two qns.
1st
a canon lens, sum models have a II there and some have a III and sum dun hav.
example 75-300mm f4-5.6 III usm.
wads the difference? i find the no II lense more EX.

2nd
macro photography.
does a macro lense give u a shaper pix as compared to a nomal lense used to take macros?:)

many thanks
noob

i got two qns.
1st

2nd
macro photography.
does a macro lense give u a shaper pix as compared to a nomal lense used to take macros?:)

many thanks
noob

the III indicates its the 3rd generaltion for that partiuclar lens.. as for pricing - much depends on the lens, and not any designation like II or III per se.
sometimes there may be a change in mount, sometimes better USM focusing etc etc. for example the previous generaltion 50mm 1.8 had a metal mount, whereas the current on eis plastic. that makes it more sought after by some.

canon makes 3 broad grades - a consumer grade which has a silver ring, a higher quality grade - which has the gold USM banding, or the green DO banding. finally the professional L grade lens, which has a red band.

as for your second ?. the answer is yes.

i got two qns.
1st

2nd
macro photography.

many thanks
noob

1st
I stands for 1 and II stands for 2,so it should mean version 1 or version 2
II is like a newer version of I

2nd
yes it shld,if im not wrong... :x

ic ic thanks for the quick replys.
so a tts means my compact cam can be better then my dslr at macro?
so i will be better off using the compact for macros?

ic ic thanks for the quick replys.
so a tts means my compact cam can be better then my dslr at macro?
so i will be better off using the compact for macros?

ur compact macro isnt refering to macro photography. its refering to the closest distance you can focus on w/ your camera. correct me if im wrong.

but you can always get accessories for your compact(i assume they are capable of that) to improvised macro photography with your compact but results might not turn out as good(depends on photog too) as dSLR with macro lense.

IMG_0865_Custom_.JPG

wif the compact cam. canon powershot A80
IMG_2499_Custom_.JPG

wif my 350d stock lense.

i hav nth else!! onli stock.
the camera is already ex enough

IMG_0865_Custom_.JPG

wif the compact cam. canon powershot A80
IMG_2499_Custom_.JPG

wif my 350d stock lense.

i hav nth else!! onli stock.
the camera is already ex enough

i assumed you are using a80 as posted in ur thread in macro and closed up section. i cant see the 1st pic. 2nd pic exif shows its taken by a80.

i'm not saying its impossible to do so but its more of a close up than macro. macro is really macro, u can see in the section you posted.

oops
wrong way round.
top one is 350d
below is a80
pai seh
x1pAdjo0uCo2H2_WLMisoRFu6aEbscwrA71HwHy9iLHrzcQsdP0VE05cgKwqGAIw7I1AIrK071oxf-7C20Fp7L05rZAFdyGrEnaBM27n5Gk1nOrzKbBuLaKRGi2xB3zr6Q-G1Kh_D1ZDBm2ST3Clbqv2uHcTXn09ObJ

oops
wrong way round.
top one is 350d
below is a80
pai seh
x1pAdjo0uCo2H2_WLMisoRFu6aEbscwrA71HwHy9iLHrzcQsdP0VE05cgKwqGAIw7I1AIrK071oxf-7C20Fp7L05rZAFdyGrEnaBM27n5Gk1nOrzKbBuLaKRGi2xB3zr6Q-G1Kh_D1ZDBm2ST3Clbqv2uHcTXn09ObJ

those are not macro shots. those are shots taken with normal lenses with some close focusing abilities.

go to the macro subsection and you will see what macro really means

yup i know.
thx
u can really see the hair on the insects
so u cannot photograph the hair of the insects b'coz of wad? close focusing distance?

yup i know.
thx
u can really see the hair on the insects
so u cannot photograph the hair of the insects b'coz of wad? close focusing distance?

the kit lense cant do macro/super closed up. they have a further focusing distance than macro lense.

http://the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-100mm-f-2.8-USM-Macro-Lens-Review.aspx

There are other (non-macro lens) solutions for macro photography such as extension tubes and close-up filters/lenses (like the Canon 500D Close-Up Lens), but these solutions require adding/removing lenses or filters to take a lens from macro mode to normal mode and vice versa. I found the true macro lens (1:1) such as the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens to be more convenient to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.