New help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron1992

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Guys,

I need your help to advice me.

My auntie will be organizing a talk on 18th August.There will be an estimate of 500 people attending.So she wants pictures to be taken on the day itself, and he hope to develop the pictures before the talk ends.

Is it possible? Like maybe after the picture was taken, about 1 hour later, we will have to produce the picture.

Please advice me on this.

Thank you for your time.

Have a nice day ahead.

Option 1 - Find a lab nearby and print on the spot. Inform the printer to be prepared for your job beforehand.

Option 2 - Use a inkjet printer and print yourself. Take note of the print rate per min.

This is feasible if your photo size is 4R and do not require and post processing.

Bring a laptop and printer to check and print from there....

your photos should be good enough to print straight from camera in the first place.

Option #1 which Andy74 suggest is better, if you can email the images to the lab will even better, so the lab will have more time if they need to print a few hundreds photos.

I hope "develop" really means "printing" here. If it refers to film processing I guess that's beyond the technical possibilities.
As catchlights mentioned: if you need such fast printing you need to put most attention to preparation and camera settings. Know the place well, do enough testing to make sure the exposure and White balance is correct. Most labs can do minor corrections but I doubt that will fit into the "time budget".

your photos should be good enough to print straight from camera in the first place.

Option #1 which Andy74 suggest is better, if you can email the images to the lab will even better, so the lab will have more time if they need to print a few hundreds photos.

yup, this is a good idea

but you have to be fast and so has the lab

500 photos is not really a problem (supposing it's the same image)

but you must tell the photo lab uncle to be ready for your email

so he can be at his fastest to meet your time limit

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your reply and advice.I really find them helpful.I think I will go for the email.Thank you.

But if I decided to get a printer which can print photo, how much will it cost?Any rough idea?

Thank you so much.

basic photo printing? $39 at Courts for a basic Canon inkjet just that the ink will cost a fortune if talking about hundreds of pictures not to mention slow.

send by email? take note for hotmail the maximum file size is about 10MB.

I think still faster simply to first delete the pictures you do not want and then give the rest to a rider who will then go to the shop to develop and then bring back. It all depends how fast you need.

i think there are those 3R or 4R canon slyphe photo printer, think thay cost abt $200-300. and the printing is quite fast.

ever see them in action at national day parade, helpers go round to take pic and print on the spot. the printer dont use ink cartridge like normal printer, instead they use a big cartridge with photo paper inside and sublimation ink cartridge, think each cartridge print 10 or 15 photos. as for price i not too sure.

and the printer got even battery pack for printing anywhere.

i think there are those 3R or 4R canon slyphe photo printer, think thay cost abt $200-300. and the printing is quite fast.

ever see them in action at national day parade, helpers go round to take pic and print on the spot. the printer dont use ink cartridge like normal printer, instead they use a big cartridge with photo paper inside and sublimation ink cartridge, think each cartridge print 10 or 15 photos. as for price i not too sure.

and the printer got even battery pack for printing anywhere.
this printer heat up easily, and you can't print once heat up.
Btw, do you math, one minute one print is very slow, 1 hour is only 60 prints, if get heated up, 20 prints the most. so don't bother to use this printers unless hood up 3~5 printers if intended to print a lot prints.

this printer heat up easily, and you can't print once heat up.
Btw, do you math, one minute one print is very slow, 1 hour is only 60 prints, if get heated up, 20 prints the most. so don't bother to use this printers unless hood up 3~5 printers if intended to print a lot prints.

wow didnt know abt its performance. but its a solution for portable printing. the photo printed is more lasting than normal inkjet system printer i believe or ..?

TS never mention how many prints he maybe expecting. but for bulk print, best bet is still photo develop shop. but there will be traveling time, to factor in. dont think emailing of photos taken direct out of the camera is going to work if TS got alot of photos. internet is not blazing fast if u are uploading 10-100s of Mb of data. will TS have a photo shop near by the event location is a unknown factor

Status
Not open for further replies.