New help in my DSLR D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

erickwan1989

Jan 5, 2006
Singapore
www.ekcpnet.tk
I really need help. i just buy a nikon DSLR D70s. Yesterday i went to china town to try out my DSLR so i use night mode to take the night photo but when i take some of my photo is dark. but when i use M mode every is fine so can anyone help me thanks.

erickwan1989 said:
I really need help. i just buy a nikon DSLR D70s. Yesterday i went to china town to try out my DSLR so i use night mode to take the night photo but when i take some of my photo is dark. but when i use M mode every is fine so can anyone help me thanks.
R T F M.

Regards,
Arto.

Dun even bother to use those scene modes when u r on a dSLR bro. Y did u get a dSLR in e first place if u juz wanna use e scene modes? :dunno:

Most of the time, I shoot on P or A. At night, I mostly bracket my shots manually using M. You already answered your own question.

Hi bro,

Attend a basic course. It would be good for you.
Also, dont rely on the scene modes. The night mode probably will require ur flash to be pop up automatically. That would spoil the image...u dont see ppl flashing to capture lightings...otherwise everything like daytime and the background all black...

Try this, get a tripod and set up ur camera in a relatively low light area. Use manual mode, set to large Aperture number f22 or f18. shuttle speed at bulb. Use a cable release (MC-DC1 works good for the D70s and cost like 38 bucks..a must have..otherwise get the ML-L1 or ML-L3 wireless control) and expose for say 15 secs...preview, if the picture not nice and bright enough, increase until you are satisfied...all these without touching the camera to prevent shaking due to the long exposure.

Good luck Bro. and The manual is always there for you..but it tells you only that what the camera can do. But not how to do it. So either attend outings or go for lessons. I recommend you attend the Safra Mt Faber basic course..sure to learn something from the teacher. :thumbsup: . But dont waste money attending the digital unless you dont know how to do manipulation. I think the basic course which costs less than 80 bucks will be more then enough to let you know what to do next time for shooting..

Good luck,
tltan

I suggest you take the D70s work shop. 20 bucks. Superb:thumbsup:

Can go www.nikon.com.sg and find the link...

The D70s workshop I have been to. Dont feel learn alot though its cheap...
His workflow is simply using P mode, adjust ISO to get shuttlespeed required (fast if for action and slow for waterfall kind). Also, advocates on Auto focusing which doesnt allow for the learning of differential focusing technique. Think its better off going for a basic photography course offered by the various institutes like PSS etc.

Regards,
tltan

Just some tips on shooting at night.

1) A tripod is a must have.

2) M mode is preferred.

3) Set to the lowest ISO.

4) A slow shutter speed of approx. 2sec or more is required, depends the aperture,ISO u
are using and the brightness of your subject.

5) Use a remote or timer. Reason is if you use your finger to press the shutter,
camerashake will blur the shot due to slow shutterspeed settings.

Happy shooting bro :bsmilie:

Brother... play around with "Manual Mode". A two months crash course in Manual mode is equivalent to years of "Scene Modes". That's what a DSLR/SLR is basically for.

If only the D70S leaves out those scene modes like to D200, alot of us would climb the ladder faster and better!

Hey dudess, actually i think you guys are right... i shoot almost all my pics with M or P. day or night. hmmmm Can you guys tell me on what occasions do u actually use A?and why?

tltan said:
The D70s workshop I have been to. Dont feel learn alot though its cheap...
His workflow is simply using P mode, adjust ISO to get shuttlespeed required (fast if for action and slow for waterfall kind). Also, advocates on Auto focusing which doesnt allow for the learning of differential focusing technique. Think its better off going for a basic photography course offered by the various institutes like PSS etc.

Regards,
tltan
You must understand, that's his workflow and his style, what he is sharing is what he feels is best for his work and general knowledge.

For the amount of time he has, there's no time to go indepth into PASM, bokeh, etc. That belongs more to basic photography already like you mentioned.

read, learn, trial and error. It makes owning a DSLR more fun!:)

Sjourn said:
read, learn, trial and error. It makes owning a DSLR more fun!:)

No no no, towkay Sjourn, I want just press one buttom only, everything will come out nice nice, hey, I pay a lot $$$ for this camera you know? why this camera so ko ya 1? :angry:

catchlights said:
No no no, towkay Sjourn, I want just press one buttom only, everything will come out nice nice, hey, I pay a lot $$$ for this camera you know? why this camera so ko ya 1? :angry:

The more u pay, the more there is to learn... :bsmilie:

Can... Juz add-on a video adapter card :bsmilie:

catchlights said:

Aiyah simple lah, do you see a P on the round selector, that means PROFESSIONAL. Use that, all your pics swee swee one, just press shutter and you become a Pro liao...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: I will send the invoice to you soon for Professional advise..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.