New handphone woes - Help need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi again.

I'm planning to upgrade my hp from a N7610 to a N73. How do I retain all my contact and text messages and tranfer them to the new phone? The new phone will be using a different form of storage card and I've been faithfully backing up all my stuff using Nokia PC Suite ... please advise this hp dummy ...

TIA! :)

When you have the 2 phones, Just do a MARK ALL on the contacts in your old phone, Bluetooth it over to the new phone.

If not, since you have been sync-ing with your PC, just sync the contacts back to the new phone from the PC.

For issurance, back your contacts in your old phone into your RS MMC, use a card reader and transfer the info to the new MiniSD via PC

When you have the 2 phones, Just do a MARK ALL on the contacts in your old phone, Bluetooth it over to the new phone.

If not, since you have been sync-ing with your PC, just sync the contacts back to the new phone from the PC.

For issurance, back your contacts in your old phone into your RS MMC, use a card reader and transfer the info to the new MiniSD via PC

Thanks SniperD ... how about the text messages? :)

hi.. hope this helps... if u happen to buy from singtel shop ur current sim card will be upgrade to a 3G sim card, all ur contacts in the phone will be transfered over by the staff serving ur purchase, alternatively wut u can do is backup all ur contacts into the pc suite, upgrade pc suite to latest version provided then connect ur phone and begin transfer as, for the text msgs u can also use bluetooth to do a phone to phone transfer.

hi.. hope this helps... if u happen to buy from singtel shop ur current sim card will be upgrade to a 3G sim card, all ur contacts in the phone will be transfered over by the staff serving ur purchase, alternatively wut u can do is backup all ur contacts into the pc suite, upgrade pc suite to latest version provided then connect ur phone and begin transfer as, for the text msgs u can also use bluetooth to do a phone to phone transfer.

Thanks AQVA ... but to do that wouldn't that need 2 SIM cards? One for the old one and another for the new one?

Thanks AQVA ... but to do that wouldn't that need 2 SIM cards? One for the old one and another for the new one?

only 1 sim will be active and for P2P to work both phones must have a sim in it. as for ur old phone with old sim every functions will still work only thing is there won't be any network for calls.

N Series many many problems ......many many at the service centre for repair. maybe N stands for No Good Series :)

Hmm. The N73 is a good phone. But it'll lag for a month or so. Strangely enough, it will cease to lag after a period of time. I dunno why mine works that way.

I don't think you can transfer your SMS messages to your new phone without the 'from' name changing. I think you can try using PC Suite. Not sure how it works. I think it's a lot of work.

But don't worry, they won't take away your old 2.5G SIM card so you can read your old SMS messages when you put back your SIM card into the phone.

Tell me if you're with Singtel. If you are, then you are another person to video call. :)
But Singtel video call service really lags.

Status
Not open for further replies.