new handphone..... Sony Ericsson T68 or Nokia 8310?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I wanted to get a replacement phone. Wondering which of this is better. They both cost the same ($408) at Singtel. Anyone willing to share your experience?

I'm using the 8310. This phone has "frozed" on me on 2 occasions and recently, the keypad refused to work. However, everything was ok after I switched it off and on again. Note that these problems were not found in my earlier Nokia phones.

using 8310, got problem with gprs, when it hang, you need to off and on the phone or you won't receive any calls. tried the ericsson(my friend's) grps is faster.

don't get the 8310! I was working for a GPRS technical helpdesk until last month and I can say 8310 is bad as a phone and a GPRS device. T68 is much more stable.

don't know much about 8310, but played ard with my friend's T68 and the phone is really cool.....l

thanks for your comments! :) how about the reception of the T68? read from reviews that it's pretty bad.

8310 have sudden hang issue and sometimes will restart by itself :eek:
Also, do take note that Nokia 8xxx series have LCD distortion problem. Though not all but quite a number of them.

Why not consider T68i?

i am not interested in any of the phone(in singapore) after my boss brought a handphone from Taiwan.

Singapore is really tooooooooooo slow in technology and communication.

Personally I think you should avoid 8310.

seems like T68 is the choice to go for. anyone knows of any Palm-based programs that can communicate with it via infrared red?

well, one advise,

try other phone other than Nokia, after you tried other phones, you'll realised that Nokia has very bad user interface, it is also bogged down by unneccessary graphics which slows down the phone.

Originally posted by rueyloon
well, one advise,

try other phone other than Nokia, after you tried other phones, you'll realised that Nokia has very bad user interface, it is also bogged down by unneccessary graphics which slows down the phone.

thanks :) I've decided on the T68 which might be a slow phone with all color too ;p now, just need to find a good time for delivery.

btw, in case you do not know, Singtel offers existing subscribers $30 off any phones. However, to get a good price, you still need to extend contract by 2 years. M1's prices for phones are significantly higher :(

btw, if you can wait, just wait. There are a lot of new phone coming out(samsung, nokia, erisson).

Originally posted by ninelives
btw, if you can wait, just wait. There are a lot of new phone coming out(samsung, nokia, erisson).

And that means forever waiting.

The T68 will hanged on you occasionally...furthermore there are times I couldn't even get calls out and in as well. Not very stable.....my advice is to wait for something better. Or go for Nokia.:(

If u considering 8310. why don't consider 6510? Have to admit that looks lose to 8310 but functionality definitely superior to 8310. heard this frm my friend who's nw in m1 on attachment

Originally posted by sneezybum
If u considering 8310. why don't consider 6510? Have to admit that looks lose to 8310 but functionality definitely superior to 8310. heard this frm my friend who's nw in m1 on attachment

would've considered it if it were cheaper. it costs much more ($140 more) than the T68 or the 8310.

Status
Not open for further replies.