New Guy is here~

wayne0507

Jan 27, 2011
Ang Mo Kio
fotolah.com
Hi all, just join this forums..

considering selling my C 1000D and change to N D3100...
any idea??

Thanks~~

any idea??

Thanks~~

Why are you not satisfied with the 1000D? What does the D3100 offer you that the 1000D doesn't?

cos all my friends using N. the time i bought i also want to buy N, but the seller told me to buy 1000D, cheaper and not much different.. now everytime i go out, i cant follow their N's setting to get good pic... so thinking lo... or i topup to buy more advance N DSLR better?

wayne0507 said:
cos all my friends using N. the time i bought i also want to buy N, but the seller told me to buy 1000D, cheaper and not much different.. now everytime i go out, i cant follow their N's setting to get good pic... so thinking lo... or i topup to buy more advance N DSLR better?

Every setting that a Nikon camera can have, a canon one can do it as well. You just need to learn how to use your camera. If you don't learn how to operate a camera even if you get a D3s, you can't take good photos

Every DSLR has the same basic settings. You just need to read your manual to understand... Aperture priority is Av, Shutter priority is Tv, etc.

Stop blaming your gear, and instead increase your knowledge.

Every setting that a Nikon camera can have, a canon one can do it as well. You just need to learn how to use your camera. If you don't learn how to operate a camera even if you get a D3s, you can't take good photos

Every DSLR has the same basic settings. You just need to read your manual to understand... Aperture priority is Av, Shutter priority is Tv, etc.

Stop blaming your gear, and instead increase your knowledge.

basically, all you need to know is how to play around with your settings. all cameras can achieve similar exposures. just because a Nikon can get this picture doesn't mean that your Canon can't.

all cameras work on the basis of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture Values. don't blame the gear; you haven't learnt the basics of operating a DSLR. yes it does sound harsh, but Spree86 and Rashkae have a point.

even if you buy a 1Ds, but all your friends are using D3x, and they can achieve a stunning shot but you can't, who's to blame? you've got top of the line gear. will you still blame your camera? or will you do some soul searching and reflect on whether it's your own skill at fault?

if it's peer pressure to jump to the N Brand, i'd suggest you stick to C, and learn how to use your basic DSLR first. if not, you'll never be able to improve your skills.

basically, all you need to know is how to play around with your settings. all cameras can achieve similar exposures. just because a Nikon can get this picture doesn't mean that your Canon can't.

all cameras work on the basis of ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture Values. don't blame the gear; you haven't learnt the basics of operating a DSLR. yes it does sound harsh, but Spree86 and Rashkae have a point.

even if you buy a 1Ds, but all your friends are using D3x, and they can achieve a stunning shot but you can't, who's to blame? you've got top of the line gear. will you still blame your camera? or will you do some soul searching and reflect on whether it's your own skill at fault?

if it's peer pressure to jump to the N Brand, i'd suggest you stick to C, and learn how to use your basic DSLR first. if not, you'll never be able to improve your skills.

fully agree. If you know the basics of photography, it does not matter what brand you use. You could hand a photographer a Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Pentax, etc etc etc etc and they could get the same "effect" because the same principal applies no matter what body you are using.

This is assuming you are using the same lens of course... If you're in the 18-55 kit and they're on a 50mm f/1.4 then it's a different story. ;)

:thumbsup: Listen to this TS, its good advice.

The thing you should be doing is to master your DSLR so that they can't follow your C setting to get a good pic. ;)

any idea??

Thanks~~

Ooooh, don't fall for salesman's talk.
Don't believe the "N's setting" kind of thinking. hahaha maybe "C's setting" also can get good pic? ;)

Why can't you make YOUR friends WANT to change to the C camp? Produce the results la, not run after the tools, don't forget, your 1000D is also a DSLR. More expensive stuffs won't improve your pictures.

Simple one cannot use, how to use more advance one?

Welcome to CS. ^^ :devil:

understand your camera first. Its not the camera that is doing all the work. Its also your job to acquire the skill. Its a 2 way traffic. Skill of a photographer is still essential than the made and model of the camera. E.g. I can give you the best camera on earth but if you don't have the skill of using it, you will still complain its lousy. While on another hand, a person with the skill can take great photo regardless of camera.

Food for thought.. ^^

Welcome to CS. ^^ :devil:

understand your camera first. Its not the camera that is doing all the work. Its also your job to acquire the skill. Its a 2 way traffic. Skill of a photographer is still essential than the made and model of the camera. E.g. I can give you the best camera on earth but if you don't have the skill of using it, you will still complain its lousy. While on another hand, a person with the skill can take great photo regardless of camera.

Food for thought.. ^^

Huumm.. Really rings a bell to me, I was the only one with a SLR among my friends and i had to bite the bullet to learn and do homework by myself as there was no 'real life person' to learn from and i think that really was to my benefit, I even read the manual on the MRT but of course i tend to forget this and that sometimes..haha.. Anyway, we all picked up this hobby on our own free will right? Knowing my camera will help me take good photos, but so far it has not make me take good photos.. haha.. ;p Agree? Just my thoughts :)