New Guy in the Click!


Status
Not open for further replies.

windbells

New Member
Jan 31, 2006
11
0
0
Bukit Batok
www.marcuslim.com
#1
Hello all,
I recently found out about this site, and its definitely a heaven-sent for me. I'm an artist, so i'm not into pro, cheem cheem photography like all the pros i've seen here. But i do photograph work more for my own paintings, and references. But I hope to learn more about PS and printing tips from all of you.

Anyone living in Bukit Batok?:think:
Hope to catch you guys clicking around the neighbourhood one of these days!:bsmilie:
Cya soon!

marcus
 

#2
windbells said:
Hello all,
I recently found out about this site, and its definitely a heaven-sent for me. I'm an artist, so i'm not into pro, cheem cheem photography like all the pros i've seen here. But i do photograph work more for my own paintings, and references. But I hope to learn more about PS and printing tips from all of you.

Anyone living in Bukit Batok?:think:
Hope to catch you guys clicking around the neighbourhood one of these days!:bsmilie:
Cya soon!

marcus
Welcome to ClubSNAP :D :thumbsup:
 

roti_prata

New Member
Jul 31, 2005
768
0
0
Bt Batok
#3
no offence but theres really no pt in such threads. almost everyday a new member will post a [hello clubsnap!~] thread which r some wat annoying.

u shd start by actively engaging the the discussions here instead

and im from BB too;)
 

Ah Pao

Senior Member
Nov 7, 2003
1,663
0
36
Singapore
www.facebook.com
#4
Aiya, give them a break lah, some newbies may be a bit shy to just jump into discussions or to start a discussion, so they 'break the ice' with such [newbie here~] intro threads to "test water".
 

idor

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2004
666
0
0
42
Northern California
#7
windbells..... we can have outing where you paint and everyone else take pics of you painting..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: *runs and hide*
 

windbells

New Member
Jan 31, 2006
11
0
0
Bukit Batok
www.marcuslim.com
#8
Thanks wildstallion, catseye and ah pao, i look forward to seeing all your masterpieces soon.
I have a feeling this place has a lot of KLFs around - Kings Of Lower Frequencies.

Roti_prata: well usually other forums have a spot for newbies to intro themselves, so sorry i've to be in this thread to do so.

idor said:
windbells..... we can have outing where you paint and everyone else take pics of you painting..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: *runs and hide*
That's a great idea...painting the photographers, while photographers photograph the painters....sounds so...FRENCH!!...oui! oui! I luv itza gooda iddeaa ah!:bsmilie:

LordAeRo said:
Welcome! Teach me to paint if we ever meet up in an outing!
Sure, we can all swop pointers about art and photography - to me they're all the same.:bsmilie:
 

Jun 10, 2005
42
0
6
45
#10
roti_prata said:
no offence but theres really no pt in such threads. almost everyday a new member will post a [hello clubsnap!~] thread which r some wat annoying.

u shd start by actively engaging the the discussions here instead

and im from BB too;)
Whats wrong with saying hello? You don't go into a community and just make yourself comfortable. A simple hello and an intro would be nice.
 

windbells

New Member
Jan 31, 2006
11
0
0
Bukit Batok
www.marcuslim.com
#11
Ah Pao said:
:dunno: What's that?
LOL...it's a term i coined from an ex-trance music group of the same name....
It refers to people / experts who are really good with what they do, but are not famous for it...hence the term "Lower Frequencies"

The Main Frequencies are people in the limelight, eg. John Clang, Russell Wong etc...
:bsmilie:
 

roti_prata

New Member
Jul 31, 2005
768
0
0
Bt Batok
#12
jeagga said:
Whats wrong with saying hello? You don't go into a community and just make yourself comfortable. A simple hello and an intro would be nice.
with the number of [hello] threads posted here, a seperate [introduce urself] forum can be started

wat purpose does such threads serve? will u still remember their nicks 2hrs after reading their threads? frankly, few people r intrested in these new members. they should get involved in the discussions instead of [hi im new and i want to learn from u ppl].

most if not all of the [hello] threads r like this:
im new and know little, i want to learn from u pros who seem to know alot. i really like photography, any tips for me?
 

TMC

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2004
6,321
0
0
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
#13
That is why this is a Newbie`s Corner, it is serving its purpose. If you are not happy about it, you can always ignore them.
 

roti_prata

New Member
Jul 31, 2005
768
0
0
Bt Batok
#14
actually i think this newbie's corner is for things like [why do people shoot f5.6 instead of wide open?] and [how to take nice night shots with a PnS]

i do ignore these threads but they keep appearing. were u annoyed when u saw the new [70-200 vs 80-200] thread in nikon?
 

TMC

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2004
6,321
0
0
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
#15
There is no guideline on what should be the topics here. It`s a newbie`s corner, they can introduce themselves and ask questions.

As for the 70-200 vs 80-200, why would I be annoyed? I get annoyed at other stuff.
 

Francis247

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 10, 2005
6,627
0
36
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
#16
roti_prata said:
with the number of [hello] threads posted here, a seperate [introduce urself] forum can be started

wat purpose does such threads serve? will u still remember their nicks 2hrs after reading their threads? frankly, few people r intrested in these new members. they should get involved in the discussions instead of [hi im new and i want to learn from u ppl].

most if not all of the [hello] threads r like this:
im new and know little, i want to learn from u pros who seem to know alot. i really like photography, any tips for me?
Agree with Roti-Prata on this. There is an increasing number in this kind of threads in Newbies Corner. Anyway, this is a newbie corner and like what TMC had said, we can choose to ignore them.

My concern is, since Clubsnap popularity is on the rise, we get many new members each day. If most of them choose to start a new thread to say hi, this will make other newbies and other members having a hard time to sieve out the needed/useful informations posted in the Newbies Corner.

Anyway, just a suggestion to the administrators and moderators is to start a "Say Hi" corner or something like that with some orientation guide and all the guidelines made sticky in that subforum so as to ensure newbies will read and understand the rules and regulations in Clubsnap, no post count will be added for posting in that subforum. Just a thought here.

To windbells,

I apologize for OT in your thread. Welcome to Clubsnap and enjoy your time here in this great website. ;)
 

#17
roti_prata said:
with the number of [hello] threads posted here, a seperate [introduce urself] forum can be started

wat purpose does such threads serve? will u still remember their nicks 2hrs after reading their threads? frankly, few people r intrested in these new members. they should get involved in the discussions instead of [hi im new and i want to learn from u ppl].

most if not all of the [hello] threads r like this:
im new and know little, i want to learn from u pros who seem to know alot. i really like photography, any tips for me?

Why are people moaning, so what if so one says "hi, im new" what harm is it doing you? just move on to the next thread! I bet you wouldnt like it if u turned up somewhere new only to be rejected by some of the members! Its not nice. If you havnt got anything nice to say to a new member then dont say anything at all.:nono: :thumbsd:

And if your going to get annoyed by every new member thread maybe you should just avoid the whole Newbies Corner Forum :dunno:

I Apologise for the off topic post windbells but i felt that it was neccessary to say the above!
 

windbells

New Member
Jan 31, 2006
11
0
0
Bukit Batok
www.marcuslim.com
#18
wildstallion said:
I Apologise for the off topic post windbells but i felt that it was neccessary to say the above!
No worries, wildstallion. A forum, i believe, should be a platform for sharing truths, and expressing ourselves. With regards to what this newbies corner should be, i think it should be in the hands of administrators to decide what they want it to be.

For now, i see this newbies corner as a place for newbies like us to get comfortable with the pros and seasoned thread contributers here. So at the end of the day, there aren't any clear guidelines as to what we should and shouldn't do. This is like a road junction with no traffic lights.

When there isn't any lights to guide us, then it's up to members to have a clear understanding of our actions - and what better way to bring about the understanding by respecting each other, and demonstrating courtesy.
This is what i feel about the newbies corner. Hope i haven't offended anyone here.:sweat:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom