New flash.. Now what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zul277

May 15, 2005
Got my new flash this afternoon, felt anti-climatic. Got myself a 580EX. Didn't want to spend extra $50-80 for a 580EX II. Also not sure what to do with the flash now, batteries are charging but not sure if I actually need an external flash.

Maybe I am just having buyers remorse... Seems like spent a lot this past 2 mths on camera stuff. :(

Got my new flash this afternoon, felt anti-climatic. Got myself a 580EX. Didn't want to spend extra $50-80 for a 580EX II. Also not sure what to do with the flash now, batteries are charging but not sure if I actually need an external flash.

Maybe I am just having buyers remorse... Seems like spent a lot this past 2 mths on camera stuff. :(

GO practise on shooting with a flash... try how it works on normal shots, how it works on rear sync, etc... With a better understanding on how it works, you'd be able to use it better in future.

Read the manual! :bsmilie:
After reading the manual, go out and shoot, practice with the manual in hand!
After this, read the manual again to pick up more that you missed on the 1st pass. :bsmilie:

try it with different mode, A, P, Tv & M.
see how it fill or simply flash.
under camera CF, difference between average or elective.

the manual is quite useless.
experiment is better.

all the best.

Time 4 u to go use yr flash more often. Don't keep it at home. Shoot shoot shoot. ;)

Now with your new speedlight, comes practice and................go get a second set of spare batteries, a 8-cell charger, Quantum Turbo 2X2, LSII Clear and Cloud.......etc, etc! BBB!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie: :devil:

Try to shoot more and ask yourself what do you want to achieve. If current setup cannot do it, that is the time you need to add on ...

Ext. flash is useful for
- indoor : give warm effect if bounce off ceiling
- outdoor : fill-in to bright up the shadow area

easiest way is set your flash head facing upward, set your camera in Manual mode , ISO 400 to 800, f5.6, 1/60sec .. try to capture something indoor ..

try it with different mode, A, P, Tv & M.
see how it fill or simply flash.
under camera CF, difference between average or elective.

the manual is quite useless.
experiment is better.

all the best.

Well if you think so... but we do GET a lot of users coming in here to ask simple questions which are found in the manual. :sticktong

Well if you think so... but we do GET a lot of users coming in here to ask simple questions which are found in the manual. :sticktong

I'm with total agreement you bro! :thumbsup:
:bsmilie:

just shoot some indoor photos.... you will be glad you got an external flash :bsmilie:

from the way u reply,
i can only guess that u r not a canon user
n has not seen the manual for the 580ex :sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

anyway, its pple like u that make me don't feel like helping
fellow photographer.
which part of ur statement is of any help to the TS???

I'm with total agreement you bro! :thumbsup:
:bsmilie:

Read up on the flash from this website. For Canon users only.
http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

If you still regret the flash purchase, I'll buy it from you.

anyway, its pple like u that make me don't feel like helping
fellow photographer.
which part of ur statement is of any help to the TS???

Bro peace man.
I wasn't referring to you, but in agreement with zac08. :dunno: Why are you taking it to heart? Have we hit a nerve? :think: We have been around here long enough to see that there are people who don't read their manuals and expect to be spoon-fed by asking for an answer which is clearly stated in their user manual. It would be far easier and faster to get the answer from right under their noses, than waiting for people to reply.

We have been helping & sharing what we know for some time already, whereas you have not been sharing what you know (Your join date was July 2006 and have only 15 posts, of which most are to promote your photography services).

As to which part of my statement is of any help to the TS........none! Because I wasn't replying to the TS:sweatsm: ! But at least directly, that statement would help others know that some of their answers are right under their noses if they read the manual. And this would help all here. Rather than being told, it would be better if they learn & discover by themselves.

After going through the manual, in the header of each page has explained the purpose and applications.

You are wrong, it is people like yourself that have made so many people out there (Some of which I know that they know far more then you and me combined shun away from sharing! I'm sure you are reading this too! :bsmilie: ) If you would like to take this further, do take this elsewhere and through PM. I'll welcome it.

I apologise to the TS and would stop this nonsense (And some of us have seen this scene being plaied out numerious times before :rolleyes: ) OT here.

Status
Not open for further replies.