New firmware ver 1.10 for pentax k5 and kr

I hope they do release something for the tungsten FF issues for K-r.

Not that I really mind, after all... Previously I won't even think of shooting that dark on the K20D (due to relatively poor high ISO noise performance); but sometimes in relatively bright light there is still significant FF.

Thanks for the info.
Update it tonight

seems no different from the 1.03 update in terms of basic functionality. only update is for the newly released GPS unit... think can give it a miss bah... :think:

Yeah, just added GPS menu, if we don't hv GPS device, I guess no benefit.

Sometimes they do make small changes that are unannounced or may optimize the programming code... so may be more than just added GPS related functionality

Last edited:
Some user from pentaxforums reported AF inaccuracy after the firmware update, don't know if its real or they're just trolling..

Some user from pentaxforums reported AF inaccuracy after the firmware update, don't know if its real or they're just trolling..

Read those too, but the ppl who reported them got only a few posts to their profile, so could be trolling.

hi guys can anyone confirm if the new firmware for the k-r will fix low light focusing issue (mine will hunt and cannot lock focus in some low light situations) and also the front focus under tungsten lighting?

not sure if i should update my firmware cause i recently calibrated my k-r focus at emjay...

Read those too, but the ppl who reported them got only a few posts to their profile, so could be trolling.

Kinda never expected to see the "troll" word here.. :p

fengwei said:
Upgraded mine, but it still looks like a K5 rather than a 645D :(

At least it's in silver :D

Man..its looks like firmware update support for the k-x has ended..sigh..
But luckily I don't have any pet peeves with the K-x that I wanted Pentax to address. ;p

Speaking of firmware, i still dont understand why Pentax refused to address the issue of Sigma 8-16.

Even in K5, focal length below 10mm is still not recognised by the camera, SR will work according to the focal length set for previous manual lens, which sometimes end up with blurry images.

And correction in LR3 according to lens profile will be impossible too.

Best part:

I emailed them, and they said they couldn't be bothered with third party lenses.

Last edited:
Speaking of firmware, i still dont understand why Pentax refused to address the issue of Sigma 8-16.

Even in K5, focal length below 10mm is still not recognised by the camera, SR will work according to the focal length set for previous manual lens, which sometimes end up with blurry images.

And correction in LR3 according to lens profile will be impossible too.

Best part:

I emailed them, and they said they couldn't be bothered with third party lenses.

Seriously, why should Pentax or any other camera manufacturer even bother to do anything?
Sigma is notorious in re-using lens profile IDs... I've experience it before. A little inconvenient but that's the price for using a third-party lens.

Seriously, why should Pentax or any other camera manufacturer even bother to do anything?
Sigma is notorious in re-using lens profile IDs... I've experience it before. A little inconvenient but that's the price for using a third-party lens.

Simply because we're the customers. And other than pre-sales service, after sales service matters a lot too.
It'll be a big plus if they feel obligated to do that. And that will put them ahead of other manufacturers

Simply because we're the customers. And other than pre-sales service, after sales service matters a lot too.
It'll be a big plus if they feel obligated to do that. And that will put them ahead of other manufacturers

the reverse is also true - if other manufacturers with more resources and deeper pockets aren't doing it, why should they?

especially with companies with less resources, they will prioritize these things lower. focus of after sales will be on satisfying customers who bought their first-party products instead of those who bought 3rd party products.

i suppose in a perfect world, they shouldn't place customers in this situation and leave them feeling shortchanged (especially since they do not have a competing product in this range) but thats the way it is and its sad but true.