New ERP gantry erected at Orchard Rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEADMETAL

May 11, 2005
From plaza sing towards suntec direction, anyone had any idea wat hours they start charging?

Should be 8.30pm right? The new orchard road ERP system. I also just saw it today when I passed by, scary.

I work near PS and I always go Funan to had my meals coz it's cheap, if they implement this new **** I'm gonna pay more for my meals :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Anyone have any exact info on this new gantry?

i saw it too. so meaning there'll be double charge for entering CBD and exiting it from there?

DEADMETAL said:
I work near PS and I always go Funan to had my meals coz it's cheap, if they implement this new **** I'm gonna pay more for my meals :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:
U can always take a bus if u dont wanna pay ERP.

..... the problem is I'm already in the CBD area and the gantry is juz next to my area juz going out of my area I had to pay don't really justify. It actually meant to reduce vehicles going towards suntec right from the start of orchard, but those already inside and wanna move around are affected too. If you are in my shoe u will understand how fustrating it is.

I would say, make the ERP at Orchard Road as high as possible, so there is less traffic along Orchard Road, the air will be better, the noise will be lower, the ppl will be happier.

Wai said:
as well sell the car, buy new camera/lenses and take bus/MRT everyday :D

I'm riding. Riding suppose to be cheaper, but now it's comparable to cars. Sometimes it's quite fustrating to see all cars on the expressway with juz 1 person inside, the oil price keeps increasing and the amount of oil in the world is decreasing, but ppl are still wasting resources.

Astin said:
I would say, make the ERP at Orchard Road as high as possible, so there is less traffic along Orchard Road, the air will be better, the noise will be lower, the ppl will be happier.

Why don't u raise it tell them every intersection add a new gantry?

DEADMETAL said:
Why don't u raise it tell them close down the whole orchard road?
That will be perfect, make Orchard Road to Suntec a hugh walking street, no cars, no pollution, no engine noise.

If ERP ideas worked... they don't need ERP anymore. :rolleyes:

well thanks for the webby, hope they close down orchard road soon than.

espn said:
Should be 8.30pm right? The new orchard road ERP system. I also just saw it today when I passed by, scary.
Don't think so ah...Should be during evening peak hour....So if I come out from CTE to reach Bras Basah road - kena gantry 2 times - siow liao lahhhh;p

Astin said:
The problem is current ERP charge is too cheap, make it 5 times more expensive then u will see the effect....
It's on purpose, if they push it up 5 times at one go, nobody will drive in except those claiming from companies/salespeople.

If they push it up slowly, 10c per 2mths, it would reach 5 times as much in a year or two and everybody would still carry on driving in per norm. Pyschological effect.

It's for the sake of the cash registers *ka ching!*

Status
Not open for further replies.