New dSLR owner reporting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintChoco

Nov 7, 2009
While it has not been the first dSLR I've used, I recently bought (and got chopped with RRP price, haha) a Sony a380. Kinda happy with it now, though the grip is really uncomfortable shooting for extended hours (not to mention the battery life, or lack of).

So now saving up for the 50mm f/1.8, which I think should be a good investment, is it not? My shots vary from macro to landscape, haven't really focus on one single type of photography to be honest. Some of my newbie shots:

As you probably can tell I still got a long long long way to go. Heh.

=) welcome...pics arent that bad!

Hi MintChoco,

Welcome to CS :)

Good shots. Feel free to join the Alpha outings. :)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Still learning even though I first used a dSLR (450D!) a year ago. Had 'dreams' of owning a DSLR since then. Actually wanted to go for Canon (which I trust), but eventually got persuaded to choose Sony. No regrets though, I love my camera heh.

As for outings.. Must see first lah. I so shy, bring my little camera go there amoungst all the pros (though I must say that it's a good learning experience).

Already kinda planned what I'm going to get... Eyeing the 50mm f1.8, gonna be nice for my macro shots I guess.

I have a question though - I already got the twin lens kit (18 - 55/ 55 - 200), is it worth it to buy the kit lens, the 18 - 70mm? I find it a hassle to keep changing lenses.

As for outings.. Must see first lah. I so shy, bring my little camera go there amoungst all the pros (though I must say that it's a good learning experience).

No worries, many people using the entry-level cams and even the old KM cams. There's no "camera level snobbery" with us. :)

I have a question though - I already got the twin lens kit (18 - 55/ 55 - 200), is it worth it to buy the kit lens, the 18 - 70mm? I find it a hassle to keep changing lenses.

The 18-55 is the replacement for the very old 18-70. I'd suggest getting the 18-250 instead, or the 16-105 if you're willing to compromise focal length for image quality, or the Carl Zeiss 16-80 if you really love sharp images.

Hi welcome to clubsnap! Another alpha bro! Woohoo.. Who cares what camera you're using! Your photos are nice :D

Can't afford CZ at the moment, heh.

16 - 105 sounds good. I rarely find myself actually going all the way to 200mm, since even SuperSteadyShot sometimes can't save my trembling hands (Dunno, had trembling hands for ages now). Shall go do some reading up.

Photos, one day can take 400 - 500 but end up only less than 10% usable shots. Must go easy on shutter I guess :p

Aiyah nothing to shy one. It is the output that matters ;)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Still learning even though I first used a dSLR (450D!) a year ago. Had 'dreams' of owning a DSLR since then. Actually wanted to go for Canon (which I trust), but eventually got persuaded to choose Sony. No regrets though, I love my camera heh.

Already kinda planned what I'm going to get... Eyeing the 50mm f1.8, gonna be nice for my macro shots I guess.

Welcome, camera equipments are secondary, what's important is that u had fully utilized ur current equipments to capture beautiful pictures ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.