New Dry box from Carrefour - $99

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapphire

May 4, 2002
Visit site
Better quality than the $88 bux one they sold. Lucky no stocks when i wanted to buy last time. Couldn't bring myself to buy their next higher range at $190 i think. So today went there after church and saw this new model from Digi Cabi selling at $99, with the humidity control resembling that of the $190 one, i will have to say it's a very good buy.

Warranty - 5 years.
PRice - $99 @ Carrefour for 57 litres

digicabi.jpg

actually it is not new lah...
carrefour used to sell it, I bought mine last yr from there.
Has been working very well til now.

that looks like the one I bought for $88

'cept the control knob inside is more to the left?

the $88 version has a more inferior motor system to dry the box, looks like a very simple device, this one has better quality

I went to Carrefour to take a look, apparently the $99 57litres dry cabinet was designed for putting in your CDs. (or that's what the salesman told me). The brandname is Digicab. It is very tall but the depth is very shallow

I very much preferred the AM-PRO 40Litres dry cab which is 40cm X40cm X 52cm it seem to be better built and there were removable trays which made for easy removal of items. The handle was the full handle while the Digicab's handle was sort of like a small hinge (you gotta see it), there are also grooves on the trays of the AM-PRO to prevent any movement of the items inside, while the Digicab had a smooth metal tray, BUT but the AM-PRO was selling for $168 . Kinda disappointed.

However, I decided to pop over to alley photo, which was very near carrefour, and saw that they were having a promotion for the Am-PRO 40 Litres at $99 :) Happily grabbed 1.

Originally posted by sapphire
Better quality than the $88 bux one they sold. Lucky no stocks when i wanted to buy last time. Couldn't bring myself to buy their next higher range at $190 i think. So today went there after church and saw this new model from Digi Cabi selling at $99, with the humidity control resembling that of the $190 one, i will have to say it's a very good buy.

Warranty - 5 years.
PRice - $99 @ Carrefour for 57 litres

digicabi.jpg

I am not using any of these dry cabinet. I use the drying rod which last more than 5years. The rod can be placed in any cupboard to convert it into a drying cabinet. Consume electricity at about $1.30 per month. Come in varying size. I trhink the name is "Damp-chaser"

going to buy it tomorrow from Carrefour...with my $50 voucher...kekeke...so going to pay $49 for it.....

Am-Pro Dry Cabinet (AD-040) 40 Litres
bought from alleyphoto near carrefour @$99

drycab1.jpg

drycab2.jpg

I am in no way affiliated to any shops and sorry for the lousy photoshop skills :)

Managed to find photo of the carrefour dry cabinet

057.jpg

Note the handle, I find the depth of the cabinet too shallow for me.

Originally posted by joyfulcity
Am-Pro Dry Cabinet (AD-040) 40 Litres
bought from alleyphoto near carrefour @$99

drycab1.jpg

drycab2.jpg

I am in no way affiliated to any shops and sorry for the lousy photoshop skills :)

i borrow your photo...ok?

pai seh, but what is the difference in litres of the dry box? less humidity for higer litres? pls enlighten.... :bwhat:

Originally posted by jude
pai seh, but what is the difference in litres of the dry box? less humidity for higer litres? pls enlighten.... :bwhat:

litre is the volumn / size of the drybox. Nothing to do with himidity.

Bought the Am Pro from Alley Photo Suntec....better quality than the one selling at Carrefour.....and also deeper....Carrefour one Digicabi depth only slightly wider than a CD case...not deep enough if you cam is a SLR one...

Status
Not open for further replies.