New discovery on Dynax 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
UY79 said:
No. Not STF. It's smooth focus. When activated, there's a black MF icon instead of the usual clear one on the LCD.

Tried it on some of my lens and only could feel the difference when using the 75-300. As stated in the manual, only smooth focusing is for bigger lens.

With smooth focusing on, when turning the focus ring, it's much smoother than when in normal MF mode. Maybe someone could verify my finding?

Ahh.. almost forget about this feature, tried before, but also cannot tell the difference.. May be like you said, lens not bigger enuff.. :bsmilie:

vivientan said:
Same thing. Customised it to option 2 too! I find it more tedious to hold down the AEL or AF/MF button while composing & focusing my shots. Confirm make my thumb more muscular! :bsmilie:

I've keep both as option 1. Tried setting to 2 initially, but always forget to press again to release the <AEL>.

deslim27 said:
I've keep both as option 1. Tried setting to 2 initially, but always forget to press again to release the <AEL>.

I find it hard to press and hold both together. So I set them to 2.

More features in Dynax 7 => Fast and slow AF speed for close up shots. Anyone tried to use it for macro photography?

UY79 said:
I find it hard to press and hold both together. So I set them to 2.

More features in Dynax 7 => Fast and slow AF speed for close up shots. Anyone tried to use it for macro photography?

Tried that.. I find it more accurate, troublesome to change. Normal AF speed at times will miss focus and start hunting.

deslim27 said:

My server has been hit by a SYN flood denial-of-service attack for a couple of days now. Countermeasures are being taken, but these things are part of operating a server, ufortunately... :rolleyes:

The server is up however -- try a couple of times, eventually you'll get in.

vivientan said:
Same thing. Customised it to option 2 too! I find it more tedious to hold down the AEL or AF/MF button while composing & focusing my shots. Confirm make my thumb more muscular! :bsmilie:

Haha..... same here... I was hoping like crazy for a press-once-only AEL button on my 505si.... so I got my wish on the 7... :D But somehow or other I always forget to use it when doing backlit shots.... haiz.......

Status
Not open for further replies.