Not open for further replies.

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Hi Everyone,

After a long and tiring process that spanned 2.5 months, the new database server is finally online.

The Admin & Mod Team would like to extend our most sincere thanks for the warm support of ClubSNAP members who contributed through subscriptions (webspace, gallery) and donations.

We would also like to express our gratitude to Kingston and Convergent for their generous donation of ram modules for the new database server.

We hope that with the installation of the new database server, members will enjoy a better surfing experience when visiting ClubSNAP.

In the next few weeks, we will be tweaking the new database server and probably try a couple more ways to see if performance can be enhanced further. We ask for your kind understanding for any inconvenience caused during this period.

As usual, kindly post your feedback in the Feedback & Suggestion Box if you encounter any problems. Please do NOT post bug reports in this thread.

Thank you very very much ! :thumbsup:

SUPER FAST on surfing.......not good job but GREAT JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Again to all the Admin who has painstakingly got the server up and running super smooth!

Thanks all Bros in CS!!!!

thank you! :thumbsup:

Thanks Admin,

binbeto said:
Will we have the old "search" back? i.e. 3 char search?

Please ~~~.

Would like to have that function back also, as a lot of code or model numbers are 3 characters.

Another issue is, instead of including all the wordings search in the search e.g.
search X & Y endup result = "X" + "Y" + "X+Y"
is it possible to a further filter selection which limited to "X+Y" only, this will greatly reduce the searching or filtering process.
To clarify
"X" may be "WTS", "Y" may be "Canon", this will remove all WTB thread.

I agree that the Search function needs to be tweak up. Just wondering if the search function can be like the Yahoo or Google search engine type. Some brands of cameras only have 3 alphanumeric and thus, resulted in Error msg. Morever, typing the camera brand and model gives alot of the brand which is none relevant (.e.g looking for body but turns out lens, flash, accessories, etc.).

Cheers

Dear Administrators & Moderators

What have you folks done to the server??!!! I used to be able to take a couple of sips of my coffee while waiting for the page(s) to load up. But now .... darn! ..... no more sips! It's like ... 'CLICK' ... huh? .... the page's already loaded??? Sheessshhh .... my coffee is getting cold .... ;)

Way to go, fellas! A job well done, indeed! :thumbsup: Thanks! :)

:thumbsup: for the mods/admins

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:;):)

Thanks to the Admin and Mods of this Great Forum for a great job in maintening the server and the forum.

Good and Fast! :thumbsup:

Hope to be able to search without having to wait for say 60s for another search...

Status
Not open for further replies.