New D7D batches and 5600HS Flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Hi all, do the new batches still have problems with each other?

denizenx said:
Hi all, do the new batches still have problems with each other?
Problem is how does one identify a batch as "new"? If by sell date, then the answer to your question is YES.

I think my 7D & 5600HS is one of the newest pair in this forum as lately most people have been buying the 5D. Bought my 7D in Melb in late Sept 2005 and 5600HS in SG in mid Oct 2005 and both didn't quite talk the same language. Sent both to KM Oz for recalibration in Nov and now my flash exposures are spot on :thumbsup: .

Some people (eg., sulhan) have no problem from day one, and a lot of people just got used to its nuances and compensate accordingly. Me ... was too lazy to have to remember everytime ... also perfectionist ... want everything to work exactly as they should. As both were still under warranty, recalibration was free. Just had to go without my 7D for a week :cry: .

I purchased my D7D and 5600 this month, but didn't have much time trying out the 5600.
What kind of problems should I be looking at?

Flying Dutchmen said:
I purchased my D7D and 5600 this month, but didn't have much time trying out the 5600.
What kind of problems should I be looking at?

Inconsistent flash exposures. Getting wrong exposures (either over and under) for similar conditions.

Can we do the calibration in KMSC Singapore? Anyone tried that before?

doremonx said:
Can we do the calibration in KMSC Singapore? Anyone tried that before?

Yes! I did it and it is ok now.

Hey denizenx.

Pardon my question....

1) How long did the calibration take? Do you collect your cam back on the same day?
2) Can I assume that it's FOC?

Thanks! :)

antere said:
Hi Forbytes. Thanks for the info. Do you know how much it'll cost for the callibration?
Calibration is free if your 5D/7D and 5600HS are still under warranty (at least it is in Oz). Oz turnover time for me was 8 days from the day I posted my 7D+5600HS to Sydney to receiving it back via courier.

Grrr I am pissed! :angry:

My 5600HSD fires at full power all the time, and during the Pre-flash, so that it has no power left when the actual exposure happens.

Was wondering why even at 1/32 it took 7 seconds to recharge fully. Grrr

QX

Status
Not open for further replies.