New D70 or Used D100 or s2Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

extreme2

Jan 18, 2002
Lion City
extreme2.clubsnap.org
I wanted to own a DSLR... but in tight budget... Thinking of getting a D70, but some tell me to get a secondhand D100 or s2Pro ... :confused:

Any suggestion.... :embrass:

if i could get a second hand S2pro i would but if you're really on a tight buget a D70 would be a better option. in the situation i wun consider ther D100. but that's just me.... :D

if u're on a tight budget you shouldn't even consider a DSLR. Get a film SLR body and spend the remaining money on a good lens. just my opinion.

Well.....depending on how tight you budget is.....a second hand d100 may still be alittle more than 1K.....you might as well get a D70....

That was what I did....no regrets....its a great camera.....

;)

Robin said:
Well.....depending on how tight you budget is.....a second hand d100 may still be alittle more than 1K.....you might as well get a D70....
;)

Seen ads at 1.8-1.9k in buy & sell. No takers leh (obviously, and accessories like filters/batteries mean quite little to me). I think TCW is selling first hand at 1.95.

Naturally, the posters would argue D100 is better than D70 blah.... well i guess to each his own. Supply and Demand dictates prices, one can ignore but that's reality. Next time perhaps D200 comes out, the D70 will be similar. :sweat:

sfhuang said:
if u're on a tight budget you shouldn't even consider a DSLR. Get a film SLR body and spend the remaining money on a good lens. just my opinion.

I already have film SLR and a series of lenses.. just need a DSLR. ;)

extreme2 said:

As Master Yoda says, "The force (for DSLR) is great." ;)

Yo extreme2, haven't heard from you for quite a while.

What's your budget? Have you factor in stuffs like CFs, extra batteries plus other accessories?

Are you prepared to work with a camera body which has a slower AF (I assume it'll be slower than your F100) and lesser build (asumming you're getting a D70).

If the answer is yes and yes, then it's time to check out the ads! ;)

Ideally, you have the chance, try them out at CP and such.

Hope it helps! ;)

extreme2 said:

hi since you already have a film SLR, I guess the question to ask yourself is - what you intend to use the DSLR for? If it's for satisfying the urge to own a DSLR (who doesn't right?) get the D70. It's a great camera at a great price. Seriously worth considering.

There are quite a number of reviews in the net, like that in Photo.net, Ken Rockwell and so forth. Seems like everybody say that the D70 wins by a big margin compared with all the rest. In summary, the D70 is a better camera than the D100, not a stripped down version.

In my opinion, anyone selling a D100 has to price it at 1.0 to 1.2k to make it attractive enough to sell, becos it is used, becos it is one generation behind and the previous owner might have already fired off 30,000 shots.

smallaperture said:
There are quite a number of reviews in the net, like that in Photo.net, Ken Rockwell and so forth. Seems like everybody say that the D70 wins by a big margin compared with all the rest. In summary, the D70 is a better camera than the D100, not a stripped down version.

In my opinion, anyone selling a D100 has to price it at 1.0 to 1.2k to make it attractive enough to sell, becos it is used, becos it is one generation behind and the previous owner might have already fired off 30,000 shots.
And indeed, can see you know totally nothing about a D100 and D70 and also a DSLR. :bsmilie: Had to agree with your first paragraph, but your ignorance started to show in the 2nd paragraph.

If you do find somebody selling a D100 used, at 1K or 1.2K let me know, I definitely DON'T mind grabbing another one. :bsmilie:

espn said:
And indeed, can see you know totally nothing about a D100 and D70 and also a DSLR. :bsmilie: Had to agree with your first paragraph, but your ignorance started to show in the 2nd paragraph.

If you do find somebody selling a D100 used, at 1K or 1.2K let me know, I definitely DON'T mind grabbing another one. :bsmilie:

i agree with espn
i really got this to add on also .. both D100 and D70 are 2 different standard that we all got to know that are toking about. it like comparing a Canon D1 with 300D.. 2 DIFFERENT level of standards.. get it

Electronics wise D70 may have an edge but build wide D100 has the edge.
But if at that price for a D100 than I think everybody also want one.
BTW D100 is not a generation behind, it is on the same league. The next gen is still out there somewhere.

smallaperture said:

Status
Not open for further replies.