new D50 user - nikon bag or lowepro bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comity

Mar 15, 2005
I jz bought a brand new d50 kit lens and the 55-200 lens for 199SGD, yes, its the nikon promotion thing. Im wondering, is it a Nikon bag that i will get for free or a lowepro bag? I received the Nikon Bag and some of my friends said im supposed to get a lowepro bag. Kind of confused...so which is it actually?

when i got my set at mscolor, florence allowed me to choose either the nikon bag(big) or a lowepro one(small), in the end i chose the nikon one becos i anticipate more things will come in the future :D

but i dunno whether other shops offer this same deal or not...

Both side of my nikon bag have broke already.
very fragile plastic hinge they have.:(

Comity said:
I jz bought a brand new d50 kit lens and the 55-200 lens for 199SGD, yes, its the nikon promotion thing. Im wondering, is it a Nikon bag that i will get for free or a lowepro bag? I received the Nikon Bag and some of my friends said im supposed to get a lowepro bag. Kind of confused...so which is it actually?

the lowepro bag is actually the Ex180, with a nikon logo. its for the d70 promo last yr, IIRC. its pretty small bag, enuf for mebbe a body plus a mid-zoom and flash. not much space leftover, if u wanna squeeze a long tele.

the current nikon bag is a re-branded domke journalist. u can see the specs at bhphotovideo site, or go down to CP to have a look. its a lot bigger, much softer material (hence no sore bums when ur heavy bag bumps into ur bum... :p ) but still waterproofed becos of the inner nylon bag. its not meant to be overloaded with gears tho cos the buckles are plastic (as with some other camera bags, lowepro and crumplers included).

Sell away the Nikon bag and buy the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300AW at least.
The Nikon bag is not to be overloaded and not weather proof.

hmm.. nikon bag so lousy? mine stil in good condition.. serving me well..
i wonder if i sell now got ppl wan buy.. :bsmilie:
goin for SR300

kcuf2 said:
when i got my set at mscolor, florence allowed me to choose either the nikon bag(big) or a lowepro one(small), in the end i chose the nikon one becos i anticipate more things will come in the future :D

but i dunno whether other shops offer this same deal or not...

I got my kit frm mscolor too..Sadly, i didnt have any choices. =\ ...The nikon bag looks and feels cheap if you ask me. haha..But the strap is pretty comfortable tho.

Is it possible to ask for a change? or at least, have a look at the lowepro bag? Damn, i feel cheated.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Got your bag already then feel cheated?:sweat:

Comity said:
I got my kit frm mscolor too..Sadly, i didnt have any choices. =\ ...The nikon bag looks and feels cheap if you ask me. haha..But the strap is pretty comfortable tho.

Is it possible to ask for a change? or at least, have a look at the lowepro bag? Damn, i feel cheated.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

seriously, the lowepro bag they offered me is really very small, i think its only able to put the d50 + the kit lens or a lens that is slightly bigger than the kit lens. and a few zips here and there thats all..its really too small to be worth to get it in my opinion..
the only good thing i can think of is that i can put the small bag into my other bags and lug around`

Regarding the waterproof thing, just bring some ziplock bags around, and when u really feel the rain coming, put the cam and lens and flash and whatever into the ziplog bags and every issue settled already..
Somemore the bag is big enuff to put water bottle and my documents, and the side pockets can even stuff 2 big gulps! great for quenching thirst..

Comity said:

I never used famous-brand camera bag. I always find a existing bag to hold my cameras. :cool: But since the social security of Singapore is far better than elsewhere in the world, to use a famous brand camera bag won't entails the risk of being robbed. :D

just go to the army market and change the plastic parts to the tougher plastic or metal ones. Then it will last a lot longer. and get rid of the interior compartment too, replace it with something else.

Comity said:

I got the D50 kit too with the 55-200 lens. But for me, i am being provided with the lowepro bag

thanks fr your inputs, guys

Comity said:

Same here I got my D50 kit from MScolor too. They didnt give me any choice on choosing the lowepro bag. Why like dat?:angry:

I bought my D50 from MScolor and they did give me a choice of what bag to get.

I took the lowepro bag and never get to use it as it is just too small. Only manage to put in the D50 and the 55-200 lense and nothing else.

Sold it off and bought a lowepro Orion Trekker II which act as a diaper bag and camera bag now :p

Wife loves the bag cos we need not carry 1 camera bag and diaper bag to go out now, 1 bag fits all :D

Lowepro bags always the recommended by those who used them. Can always trust it esp when hit by weather such as rain. (all weather proof). only downside is the loks... but who cares as long as its useful.

donchua said:
Sell away the Nikon bag and buy the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300AW at least.
The Nikon bag is not to be overloaded and not weather proof.

i using the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300AW too... very good, strongly recommended... get it ;p

May i know how much roughly it is going at for the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300AW? And at where?

Status
Not open for further replies.