New D2X Speculations !

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is sooo interesting... but the entire page is all about CCDs ? basically la.. ... FF.. hahahaa...

From Lone Star Digital:

Wacky? Maybe ... Print this page and save it 'till December. We'll look back and see how close I came.

* Nikon D3 - All new DSLR body, full frame, 15 Megapixels. Nikon's new flagship camera will level the premium side of the DSLR playing field with Canon and Kodak Professional's full-frame offerings.

* Nikon F6 - All new 35mm film body based on the D3 Digital SLR. This time their top-end film camera will be be based on their top-end Digital SLR instead of vice-versa.

* Nikon D200 - 8.25 Megapixel camera officially will replace the D100. 5 FPS, 1/500th flash synch speed, equipped with Nikon's D1X-proven Multi-CAM1300 autofocus module 5 point AF sensor, 24 frame Jpeg buffer.

* Nikon D2HS - An improved D2H with an all new (different) 4.1 Megapixel sensor. Stunning high ISO quality up to ISO 3200 plus more performance enhancements.

* Nikon D2X - An 8.2 Megapixel version of the D2HS. Double the D2HS horizontal pixel count, much like the D1X sensor was set up compared to the D1/D1H. Aimed squarely at Canon's 1D MkII.

* Nikon D2H hardware upgrade - Much like Kodak Professional did with its original DCS Pro14n, Nikon will offer an opportunity (at a price) for existing D2H owners to upgrade their cameras to the improved D2HS sensor and performance features. Upgraded cameras will have a new badge added to the D2H logo to identify the upgrade.

* Another Nikon D2H Firmware upgrade. For those who don't want to do the D2HS hardware upgrade, another firmware tweak to improve the D2H.

* Nikon D70 - No changes. This camera is doing fantastic just as it is.

If this is true, then we all really have something to look forward to. This will bring Nikon bang up to date with the competition's latest offerings and potentially even beat it. Nobody (AFAIK) is working on an F6 competitor and this will be the film camera to beat.

Of course these are unsubstantiated rumours, even worse than vapourware. Nikon is a very tightlipped company unlike some of the itty bitty smaller players who have no problems (and nothing to lose) by making vapourware announcements willy-nilly. (The most blatant example that comes to mind is 4/3 ... although Minolta, Pentax, and Leica are guilty of doing it too!)

ooooo that guy juz said products will be made available on December ?? hahaha.. isnt it great... a new camera for Xmas shoot..... AHAHHAHAH !!

ahaha.. D2x... interesting.. cant wait....

hmmmmmm... but if its juz empty talk den .. sian.. hahah.. but would wish to get the D2x this yr to next yr lor.... hahaha

this speculation is so :bsmilie:

Really? I heard a rumor that the D2x will actually be built by Polaroid, and cost $199.95! Delivery is expected on April 1, 2005. It uses a cloned hawk's eyeball instead of a lens, and runs on lemonade.

Yeah it seems rather improbable that they will have 4 new DSLR's and one new SLR in time for Xmas doesn't it :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

But then ask yourself when the D100 and D1X were released. Surely the Nikon engineers couldn't have been having one LONG lunch break since then?

Given the fact that Nikon Corp is on record as saying they are sticking to APS sized sensors and given the doubling of the horizontal pixel count from the D1H to D2H I'd be more inclined to believe the D1x replacement will be around 11-12MP raw and will offer a control feature set and body layout similar to the current D2H but with a slower fps rating etc. My guess is also it will be announced at Photokina.

As for an F6 body, my guess is 2005 for any announcement if there is one, though to be fair they may just decide to upgrade the F5 with an improved AF sensor/control subsystem as professional film bodies aren't selling in vast quantaties these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.