New customer service feedback form at NSC


surrephoto

Senior Member
Jan 14, 2009
3,422
3
38
27
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
#1
Hi all, just this Monday I went to collect my lens which went in for some minor repairs and noticed that NSC has taken new steps and effort to implement a customer service feedback form at each counter. I don't know how new this is but I don't remember seeing it at the beginning the May (correct me if i'm wrong).

Hope that all of us who love Nikon can help out to improve NSC service standards by writing criticisms against bad customer service and praise those who are exemplary.

There is a mix of both kinds at NSC and this, hopefully, will spur them to improve even more.
 

Last edited:

wolfton

New Member
Jun 21, 2010
1,073
0
0
#2
I may be going down tomorrow. Will check it out and give my "most honest feedback"
 

lenslust

New Member
Apr 22, 2012
1,211
2
0
#3
I may be going down tomorrow. Will check it out and give my "most honest feedback"
Well, service level depends on how the customer behaves. If the customer is nice and reasonable, bothers to say "Good day" before sitting down and talk to the CSOs, and explains clearly his expectations and listens for answers and replies, all is well.


If the customer started by banging table, throwing chairs, pointing middle fingers and raising their voices, will definitely find unsatisfactory replies from the CSO no matter how polite they are.

And of course, first few customers CSO face they can tolerate, but as the day(s) get longer, patience gets thinner, then you definitely expect worse service at the later times of the day.


If you start cheerful, respect them, they will respect you, make their day and they will make your day.


Feedback form is useful only for improving the service, but many will abuse for complaints.
 

strikeback4

Deregistered
Apr 14, 2010
726
0
0
#4
Well, service level depends on how the customer behaves. If the customer is nice and reasonable, bothers to say "Good day" before sitting down and talk to the CSOs, and explains clearly his expectations and listens for answers and replies, all is well.


If the customer started by banging table, throwing chairs, pointing middle fingers and raising their voices, will definitely find unsatisfactory replies from the CSO no matter how polite they are.

And of course, first few customers CSO face they can tolerate, but as the day(s) get longer, patience gets thinner, then you definitely expect worse service at the later times of the day.


If you start cheerful, respect them, they will respect you, make their day and they will make your day.


Feedback form is useful only for improving the service, but many will abuse for complaints.
agree with this...

those who like to complaint just for the sake of complaining will abuse this...

no wonder my friend from MY say SG full of complain king & queens... never satisfied with anything at all...
 

kklee

New Member
Aug 13, 2004
403
1
0
#5
To me, service level is simply how soon I can get my equipment back.
 

surrephoto

Senior Member
Jan 14, 2009
3,422
3
38
27
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
#7
Well, service level depends on how the customer behaves. If the customer is nice and reasonable, bothers to say "Good day" before sitting down and talk to the CSOs, and explains clearly his expectations and listens for answers and replies, all is well.


If the customer started by banging table, throwing chairs, pointing middle fingers and raising their voices, will definitely find unsatisfactory replies from the CSO no matter how polite they are.

And of course, first few customers CSO face they can tolerate, but as the day(s) get longer, patience gets thinner, then you definitely expect worse service at the later times of the day.


If you start cheerful, respect them, they will respect you, make their day and they will make your day.


Feedback form is useful only for improving the service, but many will abuse for complaints.
There will be unreasonable or very demanding (i.e myself) customers. Look beyond the CSOs and the service counter. I'm always 100% polite and nice to them because they are not the ones who give us service issues, so getting loud or unreasonable won't help. Get the technicians or manager out, air your concerns and dissatisfaction right into their face. I have to say that things have gotten abit better recently. But i hope It will improve further.
 

Last edited:

rain5533

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2009
3,103
0
36
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
#8
surrephoto said:
Hi all, just this Monday I went to collect my lens which went in for some minor repairs and noticed that NSC has taken new steps and effort to implement a customer service feedback form at each counter. I don't know how new this is but I don't remember seeing it at the beginning the May (correct me if i'm wrong).

Hope that all of us who love Nikon can help out to improve NSC service standards by writing criticisms against bad customer service and praise those who are exemplary.

There is a mix of both kinds at NSC and this, hopefully, will spur them to improve even more.
Err I notice you switch to canon system or you own both.. He he
 

XenoBaka

New Member
May 17, 2005
329
0
0
#10
Hmmm, unfortunately the service speed & time is rathy lengthy at NSC.
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Was at NSC today and they quoted me 3 working days for a quotation on tightening my focus ring (it's a bit loose).
This is only my second time being at NSC so I'm not sure what's the norm. 3 working days sounds lengthy by any means for just a quotation on a simple fix.
Are they waiting for me to bang table before they get some work done?
 

daredevil123

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
21,662
69
48
lil red dot
#11
Funny thing is, I always get the best service in NSC... even though I am not NPS or anything. hmmm...

One time I was there I overheard this exchange:

"I don't understand why this is not covered! My camera is still under warranty!"
*bang table*
"But sir, fungus on the sensor is not covered by warranty"
"But it is still under warranty!! How can your product be so lousy that there is fungus on the sensor in a few months of buying it!! I don't care! You have to fix this! It is YOUR responsibility!!"
*bang table*
 

daredevil123

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
21,662
69
48
lil red dot
#12
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Was at NSC today and they quoted me 3 working days for a quotation on tightening my focus ring (it's a bit loose).
This is only my second time being at NSC so I'm not sure what's the norm. 3 working days sounds lengthy by any means for just a quotation on a simple fix.
Are they waiting for me to bang table before they get some work done?

It is Christmas /Holiday Season. People take leave. And many more send in their equipment to get it looked at because they suddenly realize their cameras/lenses/flashes are not working and they need it for Christmas/New Years Day/Vacation... This period is as peak as it gets. If your issue is not pressing, might as well wait a while then send it in.

To give you an accurate quotation, they have to see what is the problem first. And it can get very involved just to see what is the problem...
 

Last edited:

ortega

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
23,694
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#13
I get good service too, but maybe my expectations are more realistic.
I alos look after my equipment well, so i don't need to go for servicing much.
 

Blur Shadow

Senior Member
Sep 17, 2005
4,886
4
0
#14
daredevil123 said:
One time I was there I overheard this exchange:

"I don't understand why this is not covered! My camera is still under warranty!"
*bang table*
"But sir, fungus on the sensor is not covered by warranty"
"But it is still under warranty!! How can your product be so lousy that there is fungus on the sensor in a few months of buying it!! I don't care! You have to fix this! It is YOUR responsibility!!"
*bang table*
Haha! That's the problem when you start selling out of the more knowledgable circle.

I recall a business case study I did before. Rural affluent Chinese purchased brand new Mercedes Benz cars as Mercedes Benz has the strong brand image of being rugged and reliable over there. However, once purchased, the cars break down within 6 months. Now, the management and sales team were initially embarrassed. Until they found out that the new owners were driving the brand new sedan cars through at least 2 feet of mud every day, as if the car was some 4x4.

So is it the manufacturers' fault, or the users' fault?
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#15
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Was at NSC today and they quoted me 3 working days for a quotation on tightening my focus ring (it's a bit loose).
This is only my second time being at NSC so I'm not sure what's the norm. 3 working days sounds lengthy by any means for just a quotation on a simple fix.
Are they waiting for me to bang table before they get some work done?

bang table won't get anything done,

showing "Ah Bang"'s attitude around anywhere is SG, probably men in blue will come after you very soon,


be patient, coming to year end already, everybody want their camera and lenses fixed and repaired fast fast, not just you only.

Nikon service center will try to help everyone in whatever way they can, so just take your queue number and wait.
 

lenslust

New Member
Apr 22, 2012
1,211
2
0
#16
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Was at NSC today and they quoted me 3 working days for a quotation on tightening my focus ring (it's a bit loose).
This is only my second time being at NSC so I'm not sure what's the norm. 3 working days sounds lengthy by any means for just a quotation on a simple fix.
Are they waiting for me to bang table before they get some work done?
Let me put it this way.

Some jobs, especially precision tools, cannot be rushed. There are procedures and tests to follow to adhere it is properly fixed. Or do you prefer to have the lens back in 15mins and SOP checks not done?

3 working days includes turn around time to get the tests done, the troubleshooting, verification that the lens has no issues.

Just like I send my Civic in for battery change. Kah Motor wants me to leave the car a full day. Why?

Anybody would bang table, right? CHANGING A BATTERY NEEDS ONE DAY?????

Turns out, they wanted to inspect the system, make sure the alternator is working, make sure the circuits and fuses are fine and not disrupted by the faulty battery. Making sure the alternator is not faulty thus killing the battery and also the grounding of the car and electrical are not affected.

Mind you, I'm no angel myself, I did make a fuss at the Kah Motors CSO till they explained this to me. I felt like an idiot challenging them thinking a battery change shouldn't take that long.

Focus Ring = 1 thing. But focus rings belong to the whole lens. Unless you think the parts don't compliment each other when they are built into a lens...

Sometimes we tend to think something is easy, just like how most of us will think depressing one button grabs the image but the algorithms, the technical, engineering portion is something we don't look further.

That said, I also have fair share of wait, and my equipment wasn't fixed at all and I had to waste time testing on the spot to find it wasn't fixed. The issue remained as is. I did flare up that day at NSC. That was a long time ago tho'.
 

lenslust

New Member
Apr 22, 2012
1,211
2
0
#17
It is Christmas /Holiday Season. People take leave. And many more send in their equipment to get it looked at because they suddenly realize their cameras/lenses/flashes are not working and they need it for Christmas/New Years Day/Vacation... This period is as peak as it gets. If your issue is not pressing, might as well wait a while then send it in.

To give you an accurate quotation, they have to see what is the problem first. And it can get very involved just to see what is the problem...
Do what I do, send them in during the ghost festival. Best break time for all photographers.

One whole month for them to service and take their time to service the equipment.
 

Zichar

Senior Member
Apr 22, 2008
2,079
10
0
#18
Funny thing is, I always get the best service in NSC... even though I am not NPS or anything. hmmm...

One time I was there I overheard this exchange:

"I don't understand why this is not covered! My camera is still under warranty!"
*bang table*
"But sir, fungus on the sensor is not covered by warranty"
"But it is still under warranty!! How can your product be so lousy that there is fungus on the sensor in a few months of buying it!! I don't care! You have to fix this! It is YOUR responsibility!!"
*bang table*
Heh my experience was the guy next to me at the counter brought his Nissin flash and wanted NSC to troubleshoot why TTL comes out overexposed when paired with his D7000.
The Malay uncle was surprisingly patient in explaining why they can not support third-party equipment.
Customer was adamant though, whipped out phone and started telling his friend that service is lousy, thought you said they will look into this, etc.
Went on for a good 20 mins.
I can never work as a CSR...
 

XenoBaka

New Member
May 17, 2005
329
0
0
#19
lenslust said:
Let me put it this way.

Some jobs, especially precision tools, cannot be rushed. There are procedures and tests to follow to adhere it is properly fixed. Or do you prefer to have the lens back in 15mins and SOP checks not done?

3 working days includes turn around time to get the tests done, the troubleshooting, verification that the lens has no issues.

Just like I send my Civic in for battery change. Kah Motor wants me to leave the car a full day. Why?

Anybody would bang table, right? CHANGING A BATTERY NEEDS ONE DAY?????

Turns out, they wanted to inspect the system, make sure the alternator is working, make sure the circuits and fuses are fine and not disrupted by the faulty battery. Making sure the alternator is not faulty thus killing the battery and also the grounding of the car and electrical are not affected.

Mind you, I'm no angel myself, I did make a fuss at the Kah Motors CSO till they explained this to me. I felt like an idiot challenging them thinking a battery change shouldn't take that long.

Focus Ring = 1 thing. But focus rings belong to the whole lens. Unless you think the parts don't compliment each other when they are built into a lens...

Sometimes we tend to think something is easy, just like how most of us will think depressing one button grabs the image but the algorithms, the technical, engineering portion is something we don't look further.

That said, I also have fair share of wait, and my equipment wasn't fixed at all and I had to waste time testing on the spot to find it wasn't fixed. The issue remained as is. I did flare up that day at NSC. That was a long time ago tho'.
You misunderstand. It's not 3 days to fix but 3 days for the tech to look at it and decide if anything can be done and then give a quotation. I reiterate, not to fix but just to look at it.
 

XenoBaka

New Member
May 17, 2005
329
0
0
#20
daredevil123 said:
It is Christmas /Holiday Season. People take leave. And many more send in their equipment to get it looked at because they suddenly realize their cameras/lenses/flashes are not working and they need it for Christmas/New Years Day/Vacation... This period is as peak as it gets. If your issue is not pressing, might as well wait a while then send it in.

To give you an accurate quotation, they have to see what is the problem first. And it can get very involved just to see what is the problem...
Yeah that's what I did. Told them ill come back after the new year. No rush for me. Was just curious what's the norm for them cos as I said this is only my 2nd visit ever to NSC. My D300 never needed any servicing for all those years I used it so I've never needed to come down before. I've however been to CSC a couple of times previously and their runaround time feels faster.

I wouldn't have wanted to come down to NSC this time too if it weren't for the dust on the D600 sensor that I couldn't get rid using a blower anymore.
Anyway an insight for those using D600:
Rough cleaning - 10 min waiting time - just a sensor leaning
Thorough cleaning - 2-3 days waiting time - sensor + surrounding area (mirrorbox most probably) cleaning
That's what I was told by NSC anyway.
 

Top Bottom