New comer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst1156

Dec 13, 2009
Hi new comer here ! Own D90 with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 VC and Canon 500D. Thinking of selling my 500D and upgrade to 7D. Is it a right choice ? Any comment.

mst

Hi Guys a Newbie here too...
Good advise there dennisc... took me almost 2 years to Upgrade mine...hehehehehe(self taught). Love photography but never could afford good 1's nor go for a Photography Course so had to do it the Hard Way.... Kudos bro...

Hi new comer here ! Own D90 with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 VC and Canon 500D. Thinking of selling my 500D and upgrade to 7D. Is it a right choice ? Any comment.

mst

Haha if I have the money now, I would upgrade to a 7D. Because the 100% pentaprism viewfinder is way too tempting. And the 8 fps.. omg.. Lol. But the D90 is good enough already, no? Yeah, maybe you should state your reasons for upgrading to a 7D, instead of a 50D or nikon D300s. ;)

Fully agree with u. The 100% pentaprism viewfinder and the 8 fps are the pulling factors. But then price of 7D is so high. One shop is willing to taking in my 500D close to $800 for upgrading to 7D. I think it's too low. Also there is rumours that 60D will be out next year. So probably will wait and play with the 2 cameras first before taking any further action. For me, D90 still ranks 1st.

mst

Any particular reason why you have both the D90 and the 500D? It really seems like an odd combination.

Agree. I rarely see people holding more than 1 camp of DSLR camera. Unless you are using micro 4/3 which i did consider getting a EP-1 lol if not i dont understand the purpose of holding 2 brands with you. Imagine the cost of having 2 different flash light and accessories.

Btw i suggest since you are kin to sell off your canon why not get a D300 or D700 so you have both nikon body which is more cost effective.

Any particular reason why you have both the D90 and the 500D? It really seems like an odd combination.

Welcome aboard! Tell me what's limiting your capabilities in both of these bodies and we can suggest you something. If 100% coverage and 8FPS are the only limiting factors I'd suggest you look at other features such as robust weather sealing and the number of focus points. All these features are subjective to your actual style of photography too.

Camera No Enough! :D
??

Like some of the other posters asked, why 2 different (but very similar in performance) systems? And what is limiting your use of them?

Why not just spend the money on better lenses?

Last edited:

mst

Why 2 different brands of cameras?
And your 500D doesn't have any lens? How to take photos then?

If you have a pro model from 1 brand and an entry model from another, MAYBE that might be reasonable, but 2 different camera brands with about the same specs? why? I'm really puzzled.

Last edited:
MadMartian & AKSZAKSZ

Tanx for the warm Welcome. Hope to learn and share more from you guys....

Just got myself a Sony a900, Upgraded from a200. Now got my wife Interested in Photogragrahy so she's using the a200 now...hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.