New Cameras Coming in or after 2012!

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source from: New Cameras Coming in 2012 « NEW CAMERA

Pentax said R&D is going on for Full Frame and 645D mirrorless!

• All upcoming “DSLRs” of Pentax will have 100% field of view coverage, even for entry level models;
  • The FF and 645D mirrorless is only the personal thinking of the Head himself!

Ricoh said we will see a B&W deidcated compact camera in 2012, Zoom will be added to high end compact Ricoh GR DIGITAL.

• In 2012 Pentax lens unit are coming for Ricoh GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System

Full Fame, finally!

645D mirrorless? oh oh oh!!!

Source from: New Cameras Coming in 2012 « NEW CAMERA

Pentax said R&D is going on for Full Frame and 645D mirrorless!

• All upcoming “DSLRs” of Pentax will have 100% field of view coverage, even for entry level models;
  • The FF and 645D mirrorless is only the personal thinking of the Head himself!

Ricoh said we will see a B&W deidcated compact camera in 2012, Zoom will be added to high end compact Ricoh GR DIGITAL.

• In 2012 Pentax lens unit are coming for Ricoh GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System

Is it Full Frame, and 645d mirrorless; or FF mirrorless and 645d mirrorless? FF is really a pricing issue. On the bright side, it may help to silence the nay sayers who say that there is no upgrade path for Pentax.

hope the ff version of K-01 has a built-in viewfinder like the fuji X-1 pro and Olympus OM-D.

and then make lens smaller and into the empty body.

good ideas for a good future.

If 645D is mirrorless, that will be a big empty space inside like the K-01, how are they going to make the lens use the space inside. unless they put all the glass elements inside the camera body, leave a glass cap on top.

so pancake 645D lens is possible. and like the big big K-01 with 40mm. but those digital lens is not backward compatible then, although old lens still can use on new body.

All cameras in future full frame? Thank god I didn't upgrade to k5 yet. Will buy its successor

Only mentioned R&D for FF. Nothing concrete as yet.

And they even highlighted it's the Head's personal thinking. A lot of caveats there! Also need to keep in mind that the current set of full-frame orientated lenses are still quite skimpy, I think.

Anyways, the FF system is still way too expensive for me (based on Nikon/Canon indicative figures) to even think of going FF...

In 2012 Pentax lens unit are coming for Ricoh GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System

Thanks for fishing this out, FW! This is the best piece of news I have heard from Ricoh/Pentax this year.

:heart: :thumbsup:

I hope they are referring to a A16 K-mount module. Please don't "cripple" the AF and make it manual focus only.

Last edited:
All cameras in future full frame? Thank god I didn't upgrade to k5 yet. Will buy its successor

FF is never cheap, so start saving for the body and lenses :D

They had RnD for FF since 2000 :D
I'd think he would have kept quiet if it was not to be. (since they did so and in fact said 'No' during the Hoya years).

Hope to see FF for Pentax soon, at least R&D mentioned if not will be Rest & Do Nothing.;)

The article was in december, way before any announcement of K-01

I guess they really kept real quiet on the K-01. And from what we are seeing right now, it MIGHT as good as a mirrorless FF camera when being unique is Pentax's aim

645D mirrorless? the current 645D doesn't have live view right? :dunno:

And they even highlighted it's the Head's personal thinking. A lot of caveats there! Also need to keep in mind that the current set of full-frame orientated lenses are still quite skimpy, I think.

Anyways, the FF system is still way too expensive for me (based on Nikon/Canon indicative figures) to even think of going FF...

Pentax can make it cheaper! I'm sure your landscapes will be even more stunning with FF or 645. Go for it!

Two days ago I almost succumb to buying a Ricoh GXR at Paris Silk after lunch at Holland Village. Whew!
This is not gonna help...

I can "ditch" the Kipon PK - R/M adapter once the K-mount module's out!!

The Panagor PK mount macro lens is quite a big lens (filter size 62) and extends quite a bit as it goes all 1:1. A little like VT125 when it comes to turning the focus ring.

And if this module's got the contacts for AF, it'll be great!

Of course, all pentax fans will love to see Pentax FF. The prospect of using the FA 31 and 77 with it. *drool*

Last edited:
Two days ago I almost succumb to buying a Ricoh GXR at Paris Silk after lunch at Holland Village. Whew!
This is not gonna help...

BBB :devil: