New camera: K-x is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
KEY FEATURES

• High resolution 12.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor features sensor-shift Shake Reduction for stabilized image and video capture up to 4 stops max.
  • Large 2.7 inch LCD features Live View with contrast, phase difference, and Face Detection autofocus (up to 16 faces).
  • Capture widescreen HD video in full 720p resolution (1280×720) at 24 FPS cinematic framerate, using any PENTAX 35mm lens.
  • Highly compact DSLR body design allows for 1 handed operation and comfort when travelling.
  • Powerful automatic modes, including PENTAX Auto Picture and scene modes, ensure the perfect shot in any situation, while helping new photographers learn DSLR photography.
  • Creative processing and filter modes produce high quality finished images, while offering the ability to explore artistic freedom through unique special effects.
  • True HDR image capture blends 3 bracketed images into a single picture with outstanding shadow, highlight, and midrange detail.
  • Fast 4.7 FPS capture speed and 1/6000 second maximum shutter speeds are possible with the PENTAX PRIME II image processing engine.
  • Responsive 11 point wide angle SAFOX VIII autofocus system focuses quickly and accurately, and can easily track moving subjects.
  • Capture up to 1900 shots with universally available, easy-to-find AA lithium batteries (also compatible with AA NiMH rechargeable and alkaline batteries).
  • Expanded ISO range covers sensitivities from 100-12800 for extreme low light photography.
27158_1253141076.jpg

It might come in different colors too:

141919d1253006098-pentax-new-dslr-k-x-will-released-soooon-kx.jpg

43222d1253067613-k-x-comes-342471_1253024800.jpg

:bigeyes: ..............:think: ............................ :what:

OK this one has got me interested... ;p
but my K20D now become obsolete dinosaur liao... :cry:

This shouldn't really entice K10/20D owners to upgrade :p

The feature set is better in some ways, such as video, but they are different classes lah.

Good to know Pentax is still getting new models out.

And does anyone else love the new naming scheme? A bit Apple-ish... simple, short, sweet.

Just K-something. No more long numbers (100s, 1000s) with endless zeros and no more unnecessary Ds.

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title, I thought some Pro-series K-1 is launching. You noe, 'x' means substitute it with a number. Ha.

If this one comes with Red color I would surely Buy it. ;)

When Pentax went PK bayonet mount 1975, they released three K series cameras: the entry level KM, more adanved KX, and the top of line K2. Now KM and KX already have their digital version K-m and K-x, I guess the next one would be a top of line full frame K-2?

K2_KX_KM_ad2.jpg

K2_KX_KM_ad1.jpg

When Pentax went PK bayonet mount 1975, they released three K series cameras: the entry level KM, more adanved KX, and the top of line K2. Now KM and KX already have their digital version K-m and K-x, I guess the next one would be a top of line full frame K-2?

K2_KX_KM_ad1.jpg

Hmmm,:think: i prefer this...:bsmilie:

;p K-2.... better comes faster cos i cannot wait... :confused:

wootz I think the red one will be hot!!! But I wonder about the price...

Pentax K-2 Digital Full frame,sound good man!

Status
Not open for further replies.