NEW CAMera..Digital or SLR 35mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blanks

Hello all
:)
I am thinkking of getting a new camera but duno whether to get a digital or a normal 35mm SLR...Also is it better to get it in Singapore or UK?

thank you

Budget about $500 sing. I am not too sure either as to whether to get a Digital am which would be a better investment in the long run or the normal camera?
As i am studying in UK and have been tryin quite a bit, I would definately love to capture the beauty of Europe.
Any advice...
I do have a few friends who owns a digital camera and I find that they are great for day shots but is limited when capturing night scenes. I used to have a minolta 35mm SLR but had problems with it (spoilt..beyond repair) , have a tripod, camera bag...

Hmmmm.... S$500 would heavily limit your choice for digital cameras. Hmmm... So you already have some minolta lens? If that is the case, why not invest in a Minolta body? Since getting a good set of lens would also requires a great deal of money....

hmm..not a bad idea though..
so where do u recommend to get a minolta from? which shop etc...

Ok..so how do i get ninelifes..
sori coz i am veri NEW to this forum which my fren had recommended...:confused:

tks:embrass:

Try asking at the Minolta's equipment subforum: http://forums.clubsnap.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44

Film or Digital, it's really hard to decide... When I picked my Digital off the shelf... My idea is that I know nuts about photography and an instant review will be more helpful for me to learn when compared to an film SLR.

Originally posted by blanks
Hello all
:)
I am thinkking of getting a new camera but duno whether to get a digital or a normal 35mm SLR...Also is it better to get it in Singapore or UK?

thank you

At a budget of $500, you're going to sorely limit your digital choices. Then again, your choices of 35mm SLRs are also limited, especially if you have to buy lenses. You ought to consider second-hand stuff.

But if you really cannot increase the budget, I would suggest going digital.

Firstly, with $500, you're probably going to get a plastic SLR with a plastic 35-70 mm lens. Picture quality will greatly suffer. With a low-end digital, say a CP (any at this range?), image quality should be good enough for a 4R or 5R (since these cameras were once geared for high-end consumers)

Secondly, you won't be able to experiment much with your SLR camera (ie. probably no bulb mode, no multiple exposures, etc etc) but with Photoshop, you could turn your pictures into some pretty good art.

Thirdly, the $500 digicam is also likely to be more portable.

Lastly, IMO, the digital workflow is more affordable (low running costs - no need for film processing) and quicker (if you're computer savvy) than the 35mm workflow.

Originally posted by Lennier

At a budget of $500, you're going to sorely limit your digital choices. Then again, your choices of 35mm SLRs are also limited, especially if you have to buy lenses. You ought to consider second-hand stuff.

But if you really cannot increase the budget, I would suggest going digital.

Firstly, with $500, you're probably going to get a plastic SLR with a plastic 35-70 mm lens. Picture quality will greatly suffer. With a low-end digital, say a CP (any at this range?), image quality should be good enough for a 4R or 5R (since these cameras were once geared for high-end consumers)

Secondly, you won't be able to experiment much with your SLR camera (ie. probably no bulb mode, no multiple exposures, etc etc) but with Photoshop, you could turn your pictures into some pretty good art.

Thirdly, the $500 digicam is also likely to be more portable.

Lastly, IMO, the digital workflow is more affordable (low running costs - no need for film processing) and quicker (if you're computer savvy) than the 35mm workflow.

Hmmmm.... Now you mentioned.... Have to agree.... What about the Dynax 5? Appears he has some minolta mount lens... But I guess if a DC within that price range that has full manual controls will be the best choice. If its possible to up the budget a little, I'll recommend the oly c2040z.

Status
Not open for further replies.