New burger

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
New burger. Aloo (potato) tikki (croquette) is a North Indian snack made of boiled potatoes and various spices.
But in English, it suggests loo which means toilet. Anyway, this vegetarian burger may be tasty, so will try it out. Hopefully spicy enough for local taste.

Listen to this when you eat the McAlooTikki for more complete experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455b34ERBhA

mcaloo-tikki.jpg

Last edited:
New burger. Aloo (potato) tikki (croquette) is a North Indian snack made of boiled potatoes and various spices.
But in English, it suggests loo which means toilet. Anyway, this vegetarian burger may be tasty, so will try it out. Hopefully spicy enough for local taste.

mcaloo-tikki.jpg

A Loo perhaps because it's too spicy and eating one will cause a queue to the loo :)

I thought it was a fancy name for a begedil patty. So the name has hindi origins...

The wiki page also states this:

The McAloo tikki burger, a trademark of McDonald's served at McDonald's restaurants in India,[1] UAE and other countries with large Indian populations, is not a true representation of the traditional food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloo_tikki

I went and tried it yesterday... it's rather disappointing to me... maybe i was expecting something like a potato croquette instead of a begedil... LOL

It is created for stubborn people to eat. Hokkien "Tik ki" 铁牙 means metal teeth - i.e. slang for stubborn person

Last edited:

mcaloo-tikki.jpg

It's "McAloo Tikka"... sounds like "mackaroo" - Uncle Sam's slang for "money".

Last edited:
There's a big market for vegetarians. Burger King had a veggie burger for the longest time. McDonald's cannot lose out on this segment.

I thought Aloo Tikki is from Hello Kitty :-/