New Born Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbuff

Aug 18, 2004
www.pbase.com
Hi Folks

I am going to be a father in a week or 2 and I am contemplating taking photos of my baby when she "emerges" from her mummy (that is if I dont faint first). Anyone of you has any experience? I am not sure whether the hospital allows in the first place.

Thanks....:)

Congrats!! :cheergal: :cheergal:

oso ask if ur wife is ok w/ ur idea 1st... :)

I am think of taking a shot not directly facing my wife but from the side.... imagine the doctor/nurse holding the screaming baby.

Sort of like this one
51678653.adens_delivery.jpg

digitalbuff said:
Hi Folks

I am going to be a father in a week or 2 and I am contemplating taking photos of my baby when she "emerges" from her mummy (that is if I dont faint first). Anyone of you has any experience? I am not sure whether the hospital allows in the first place.

Thanks....:)
depand on what hospital, and you wife is fine with this idea. btw, KK allows taking photos.

catchlights said:
depand on what hospital, and you wife is fine with this idea. btw, KK allows taking photos.

It's Gleneagles. My wife is fine tho' i may faint cos i hate blood.

digitalbuff said:
I am think of taking a shot not directly facing my wife but from the side.... imagine the doctor/nurse holding the screaming baby.
I don't think you can see anything from the sideview, it may be cover up, anyway use wideangle just shoot, it is very fast, and you better don't hider the midwife doing the work.

You can covert to monotone images during postproduction, so the scene will not so bloody, and the sensitive parts can be easily hidden by burning it.

would there b any space constraints in d delivery room? :dunno:

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest take video, cos i take video, can record sound, motions, which i think better. Of cos, i also take photo lah...

smurfman said:
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest take video, cos i take video, can record sound, motions, which i think better. Of cos, i also take photo lah...

Video is good but I thought of taking a b/w picture. Move away from taking bikini clad girls for once... quite sick of that.

smurfman said:
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wear a helmet, fix the video cam to the helment can liao, but remember not to have to much movement of you head, you can have photo and video at the sametime.

catchlights said:
wear a helmet, fix the video cam to the helment can liao, but remember not to have to much movement of you head, you can have photo and video at the sametime.

lol, i really dun want my baby to see me like that. Dun want to shock her. hahaha:bsmilie:

digitalbuff said:
It's Gleneagles. My wife is fine tho' i may faint cos i hate blood.
Congrats! Congrats!

And next, I advise u to undergo extensive training in order not to faint when u see blood.

See lotsa bloody movies. Like those teenage slasher flicks, they use blood effects generously. Ditto for Japanese samurai shows like Zatoichi & horror genre like Suicide Club.

See and see... train urself to be strong... for the sake of ur future generation.

catchlights said:
I think a tripod would be a better idea no?

looks like got lots of details not ironed out yet. betta find out more, give tt place a recce. :)

i think you need to have a work with the gynae about all this. one thing for sure, you would not want your equipment to be in the way of the medical team. you could enjoy the moment and even do the homours of cutting the umblical cord. the pictures can come later when the baby is all cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.