New Body or New Lens?

vizard87

Nov 30, 2008
Well, the age old question..to get an A7III to replace my A7II or to get better lens like 16-35gm or the 16-35 F4, i have the 28mm F2 and 24-105 F4

Well, the age old question..to get an A7III to replace my A7II or to get better lens like 16-35gm or the 16-35 F4, i have the 28mm F2 and 24-105 F4

New body unless you need those new features but the new body cannot get you 16mm unless you using panorama. For me, lens would be a better choice if you need that range since your camera still consider good enough. Alternative, sell your old lens and body to get a complete setup of a7mk3 n 16-35mm GM.

I recently purchased the rx10 mk4 cause of the range (24-600mm) n features (24fps, touch screen etc) that my rx100 totally lack of, which is a different story from yours.

I will suggest get the lens too, the body won't make as big difference to the lens.

Since you already have 28mm F2 and 24-105 F4 .... would suggest you get 12-24mm instead since you have the budget of GM lens

This way you get more range (12mm to 16mm) which is a plus for cityscapes and tight indoors

I would recommend a new lens too.The lens makes a huge impact on image quality much more than body changes in my opinion. I am still on my beat up A7. Recently got the 85mm f1.8 and the boost in image quality from my 28mm and adapted lenses A-mount lenses was very refreshing. However I am 2 generations behind the A7III so I will be upgrading body as once prices normalize and stocks are readily available.

Image stabilization, battery life, faster auto focus, 4k, low light performance compared to the 1st gen A7 makes it worth it for me. So decide based on what you really want.

On top of that, new lenses out slower than new body. Therefore, a lens worth to buy but a body, 1 or 2 years time, you might see one better and you feels your current one out dated. My CZ 16-35mm F2.8 still good, even can use on mirrorless body. :D

Depends on your usage. If you're into videography, then it might be worth an upgrade.