new body for this reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

likimikuku

Nov 9, 2007
Will you buy a new body cuz you dun like to change lens??
I been thinking of getting a new body cuz I hate to change lens during outing…

Please share your view…

Thanks

Please share your view…

Thanks

To me, u just want to spend your money on something as i know, changing bodies won't make yr pics any much better and if u just do not want to change lens, buying a new body won't make any difference UNLESS u're going from crop to full-frame.

Just my 2 cents.

a lot of photographers do that. if you hate changing lenses while shooting, and is willing to tolerate the added weight, plus your wallet can afford it, why not go ahead? i'd love to do that too, but the added weight of another DSLR in my camera bag discourages me. maybe when i can afford a D3s to supplement my existing D700... ;)

another reason a photographer may decide to carry a second body with a lens attached is when he wants to shoot a rapidly changing light condition with a different lens than what his first camera has. changing lenses may take too much time, and he may lose the rare opportunity of catching that scene. make sure you get a dual-strap too... :)

Last edited:
if both bodies are light and small then it's ok, or else I will not like to carry 2 bodies at the same time.

but if i were to do a wedding or even shoot, I will like to have 2 bodies and not have to change lenses. I may miss out on "the moment" while changing lens

I know of one photographer who used 6 film bodies at weddings.

In high-pressure and speedy situations where there's absolutely no time to change lenses, carrying two or three bodies make perfect sense.

6 bodies? The photographer must be trained. 2 is max for me. But changing lens is part of a SLR photographer journey.

6 is super hard-core.

3 was max for me and that included both small and medium formats, 12-AA cell motor drives, polaroid back and hammerhead flash. That was when I switched from Canon to Olympus - for obvious reasons. :bsmilie:

Please share your view…

Thanks

Then why did you get a DSLR? The main point of a DSLR is the ability to change lenses to get the right lens for the right situation.

I have a friend who has 2 leica m7 each attached to a canon FD 50mm f/0.95 and takes both out to shoot.. one for color one for b/w

2nd body or not. Its really up to you.

I personally think there's no wrong in it.

* yes I'm talking about YOU! Ahaha you and your sick 50mm f/0.95 lens

If there is a need, why not?

I am looking at m4/3 as my 2nd body :bsmilie:

Please share your view…

Thanks

Is carrying around 2 camera bodies + lens better during an outing? Only you can answer that.

hi likimikuku, if can afford additional body and dun mind the additional bulk go ahead.
definitely more convenient :bsmilie:

ryan

what kind of outing that would require you to change lens so fast and not to miss a single moment shot??
instead, you will be very worn down during a long outing trip.
For that kinda weight, I would rather you bring more lenses than an extra body.

However, you can consider a 2nd body if you always take event shots such as wedding, conference, etc.
You can consider having 1 better body with 1 light travel body.

It very much depend on personal needs and your pocket $$. Two body normally prefer by a serious photographer as mean of backup body.
Or mean of 'lazy change lens'.
If u play with prime len then u need the 2nd piece to offer.

Then why did you get a DSLR? The main point of a DSLR is the ability to change lenses to get the right lens for the right situation.
+1. On the other hand, if you do not like changing lens as often then get one with longer range that covers the general length lor.

My reason for doing so… are… I always attach my UWA to my camera body… I love wide and I do mostly landscape… some time when there is out of reach … I will change lens.. like 50mm or 70-300…
I found it vy troublesome for me…

I am thinking of a 2nd body with a mid zoom (24-70) or a prime…

But since the respond are various … I will consider all the advice

Thank you guys vy much…

Anyway… I think there is a lot of ppl out that who like to carry 2 body with dif lens for their need…
Mayb you all can share you view for doing so…

My reason for doing so… are… I always attach my UWA to my camera body… I love wide and I do mostly landscape… some time when there is out of reach … I will change lens.. like 50mm or 70-300…
I found it vy troublesome for me…

why do you find it troublesome? i use the general same set of lenses, i only find it troublesome when i have to switch say, lenses between two bodies , because i have one modified ir body and one normal body.

unless you are using a backpack.. in that case, fair enough. one way of going around it that i have seen, is to have a simple holster lens drop on your waist area, so you don't have to keep putting the backpack down to change lens.

why do you find it troublesome? i use the general same set of lenses, i only find it troublesome when i have to switch say, lenses between two bodies , because i have one modified ir body and one normal body.

unless you are using a backpack.. in that case, fair enough. one way of going around it that i have seen, is to have a simple holster lens drop on your waist area, so you don't have to keep putting the backpack down to change lens.

Yup.. am using a backpack... will think of that solution

Yup.. am using a backpack... will think of that solution

i'm using backpack too... changing lens is a bit troublesome... but i normally just drop the bag on the ground... it would get dirty but at least, it's just a bit slower than changing with waist pack or something...

but frankly, i would buy another body if i got the cash... most time i go out with one UWA and one Macro lens... i missed a shot once, for a vibrant color crabs... when i finished changing lens, it's gone... :cry:

but that was the only shot i missed and still remembering it... if to buy another body just to cover that one shot out of 9k (my current shutter count)... it's a wee bit expensive... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.