new bird here.

xavior

Jul 8, 2010
Hi all,

recently have decided go into photography instead of using handphone cameras to shoot. =x
I think of myself as still new and i believe you guys would agree with me. Currently, i still do not own a dslr. But i hope to own one soon. I am actually looking at canon 550D. I was thinking of getting kit 2, but a guy from john3:16 actually recommended me to get kit 1 + 55-200 lens instead for just about 100 bucks more. >.< what do you guys think? or should i be waiting 2 more mths for comex?

Hope to get a dslr soon so that i can join you guys to learn more about photography. =)

Regards.
X

Hi all,

recently have decided go into photography instead of using handphone cameras to shoot. =x
I think of myself as still new and i believe you guys would agree with me. Currently, i still do not own a dslr. But i hope to own one soon. I am actually looking at canon 550D. I was thinking of getting kit 2, but a guy from john3:16 actually recommended me to get kit 1 + 55-200 lens instead for just about 100 bucks more. >.< what do you guys think? or should i be waiting 2 more mths for comex?

Hope to get a dslr soon so that i can join you guys to learn more about photography. =)

Regards.
X
Welcome to CS :)
100 bucks more is quite a good deal. That way you have a good range covered > 18-55mm & 55-200mm. Well things might change for the better or worst with 2 mths to comex. Its up to you whether to wait or not ;)

Hi all,

Regards.
X

If you dont want to be so troublesome as to change yr lenses now and then to get tele or wide, get kit 2:)

And no you dont need a DSLR to start learning photog, but get one to get a jumpstart.

Welcome welcome :)

IT show is never a good place to get cam equipment, just follow ur heart and get what u need..

welcome welcome

Welcome to CS!

No need to wait for comex if you are not after the freebies :bsmilie:

Hi all,

Regards.
X

wow... sounds like a great deal from j3:16. just $100 for kit 1 + 55-200?? hmmm...
can i know how much did they quote u??

Welcome:)

wow... sounds like a great deal from j3:16. just $100 for kit 1 + 55-200?? hmmm...
can i know how much did they quote u??

I think he meant

Kit 1 + 55-200 = Kit 2 + S$100.00

By the way TS, if you are not sure what you what to shoot, just start with either kit 1 or kit 2, dont bother with the Tele first ... unless there is a purchase with purchase and they are selling it dirt cheap .....

Last edited:
I think he meant

Kit 1 + 55-200 = Kit 2 + S$100.00

By the way TS, if you are not sure what you what to shoot, just start with either kit 1 or kit 2, dont bother with the Tele first ... unless there is a purchase with purchase and they are selling it dirt cheap .....

well, but it sounds like a good deal for additional of $100 on kit 2. hmmm...
actually im also looking at 550D. seemed tempted to get the kit 1 + 55-200. if not shd i go with kit 2?

Welcome to CS..:cool:

Welcome!

Don't bother to buy any camera from IT shows, because you'll never get the best deals there.

I don't think you're in urgent need for a dslr, so you can choose to wait for any price changes (which might not happen). If you want a easy way to start photography and stay fuss-free, get Kit 2.

thanks for the warm welcome =D
Sorry if i didnt make myself clearer. =x
jhn3:16 quoted me 16xx for kit1 + 55-200 forgot the exact amt; quoted me 1590 for kit2

Oh. and i meant wait for comex to come since most of the time freebies will be given at comex.
But i am not planning to buy at comex thou.

Sigh, another friend of mine just recommanded me to get kit 1 + 55-250 -.-"

thanks for the warm welcome =D
Sorry if i didnt make myself clearer. =x
jhn3:16 quoted me 16xx for kit1 + 55-200 forgot the exact amt; quoted me 1590 for kit2

Oh. and i meant wait for comex to come since most of the time freebies will be given at comex.
But i am not planning to buy at comex thou.

Sigh, another friend of mine just recommanded me to get kit 1 + 55-250 -.-"

I still recommend kit2. Comex will sell you at the retail price and will give freebies, but those are useless freebies. Like some SD cards, umbrella, a lousy tripod etc. These are things that have no resale value.
So you should buy from trusted shops, which will give you discounts directly off your camera purchase.

welcome to cs.