new bird here.

xavior

Jul 8, 2010
Hi all,

recently have decided go into photography instead of using handphone cameras to shoot. =x
I think of myself as still new and i believe you guys would agree with me. Currently, i still do not own a dslr. But i hope to own one soon. I am actually looking at canon 550D. I was thinking of getting kit 2, but a guy from john3:16 actually recommended me to get kit 1 + 55-200 lens instead for just about 100 bucks more. >.< what do you guys think? or should i be waiting 2 more mths for comex?

Hope to get a dslr soon so that i can join you guys to learn more about photography. =)

Regards.
X

madmartian

May 2, 2009
Outer Space
Hi all,

recently have decided go into photography instead of using handphone cameras to shoot. =x
I think of myself as still new and i believe you guys would agree with me. Currently, i still do not own a dslr. But i hope to own one soon. I am actually looking at canon 550D. I was thinking of getting kit 2, but a guy from john3:16 actually recommended me to get kit 1 + 55-200 lens instead for just about 100 bucks more. >.< what do you guys think? or should i be waiting 2 more mths for comex?

Hope to get a dslr soon so that i can join you guys to learn more about photography. =)

Regards.
X
Welcome to CS :)
100 bucks more is quite a good deal. That way you have a good range covered > 18-55mm & 55-200mm. Well things might change for the better or worst with 2 mths to comex. Its up to you whether to wait or not ;)

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
Hi all,

Regards.
X
If you dont want to be so troublesome as to change yr lenses now and then to get tele or wide, get kit 2:)

And no you dont need a DSLR to start learning photog, but get one to get a jumpstart.

Numnumball

Mar 6, 2009
Central
Welcome welcome :)

IT show is never a good place to get cam equipment, just follow ur heart and get what u need..

mimik07

Oct 13, 2009
East
Welcome to CS!

No need to wait for comex if you are not after the freebies :bsmilie:

Hi all,

Regards.
X

wow... sounds like a great deal from j3:16. just $100 for kit 1 + 55-200?? hmmm...
can i know how much did they quote u??

Feb 3, 2010
East
wow... sounds like a great deal from j3:16. just $100 for kit 1 + 55-200?? hmmm...
can i know how much did they quote u??
I think he meant

Kit 1 + 55-200 = Kit 2 + S$100.00

By the way TS, if you are not sure what you what to shoot, just start with either kit 1 or kit 2, dont bother with the Tele first ... unless there is a purchase with purchase and they are selling it dirt cheap .....

Last edited:
I think he meant

Kit 1 + 55-200 = Kit 2 + S$100.00

By the way TS, if you are not sure what you what to shoot, just start with either kit 1 or kit 2, dont bother with the Tele first ... unless there is a purchase with purchase and they are selling it dirt cheap .....
well, but it sounds like a good deal for additional of $100 on kit 2. hmmm...
actually im also looking at 550D. seemed tempted to get the kit 1 + 55-200. if not shd i go with kit 2?

gymak90

Jan 5, 2008
The Far North
Welcome!

Don't bother to buy any camera from IT shows, because you'll never get the best deals there.

I don't think you're in urgent need for a dslr, so you can choose to wait for any price changes (which might not happen). If you want a easy way to start photography and stay fuss-free, get Kit 2.

xavior

Jul 8, 2010
thanks for the warm welcome =D
Sorry if i didnt make myself clearer. =x
jhn3:16 quoted me 16xx for kit1 + 55-200 forgot the exact amt; quoted me 1590 for kit2

Oh. and i meant wait for comex to come since most of the time freebies will be given at comex.
But i am not planning to buy at comex thou.

Sigh, another friend of mine just recommanded me to get kit 1 + 55-250 -.-"

gymak90

Jan 5, 2008
The Far North
thanks for the warm welcome =D
Sorry if i didnt make myself clearer. =x
jhn3:16 quoted me 16xx for kit1 + 55-200 forgot the exact amt; quoted me 1590 for kit2

Oh. and i meant wait for comex to come since most of the time freebies will be given at comex.
But i am not planning to buy at comex thou.

Sigh, another friend of mine just recommanded me to get kit 1 + 55-250 -.-"
I still recommend kit2. Comex will sell you at the retail price and will give freebies, but those are useless freebies. Like some SD cards, umbrella, a lousy tripod etc. These are things that have no resale value.
So you should buy from trusted shops, which will give you discounts directly off your camera purchase.

Top Bottom